So when do the lies stop and the truth begin?

I think it humanly possible to stay open to life’s many wonders and occasions for deep gratitude and, at one and same time, feel deep concern for the world’s troubles, outrage at those who perpetuate them, and enjoy inflicting them on innocents (especially non-white aliens) from a safe distance, such as Mar Lago or Trump Tower.

Your voice is both crucially necessary, bold and welcome by many, Barbara, so I think you should express your views whenever and however you want to. Just remember we are all sitting round that Dinner :wine_glass: Table in the Sky, and don’t rub your fellow guests up the wrong way… :joy:

1 Like

Stella it is beautiful here!
The grapes are plump and I am told that it will be a great harvest…I think an early one.
Lovely guests from Ireland who fell in love with our cats…and had a great holiday.
My guests for a large dinner party next month will, almost all be like minded people and
there will be no arguments.
Tim gets away with blue murder when it comes to his remarks to me.
So I hope that he is very busy and enjoying being with the family.

2 Likes

You just continue expressing your honest interesting views Babara, don’t worry about 'rubbing others who are aggressive (and their allies) up the wrong way. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I really don’t see why people get so exercised about Trump when his actions affect few (if any) on here, however please feel free to vent away at him or me if it makes your day.:grinning:

Well thanks Tim, nice to see you back :thinking:

Sounds great where you are Barbara… hope your guests do not arrive too late… :wink:

Here on the forum, you give as good as you get, in my view… and I think you might secretly enjoy a little sparring… you know, some of your posts do seem to beg a response… :wink:

1 Like

His actions affect us all indirectly.

1 Like

So if we are not affected by the actions of Trump are we affected by Putin, May or any other world leader?
Are we affected by anything? Yes we are these people are directional in the way of the world
with every breath they take and every word they utter;

Or are we all siting in our gardens drinking wine and thinking that life is bowl of grapes?

1 Like

I generally like politicians that fart in the lift. Chummy clubs of careerist politicians are not for me.

Farage and Trump are my dream tag team of “lift farters” though I accept some might not share my love and might actually be afraid of them.

Most apex predators aka male politians are oversexed - the French have a casual approach to infidelity but Trump is coarse and as result is not viewed in the same way as previous US presidents and their secret extra marital affairs.

1 Like

Too much heavy metal Mr Wren.
Although your pic suggests that you sit in your garden.
Secret affairs ……that is a way of putting it.
Just reminded myself of climate change…he does not believe that
it is happening…………that affects us for sure…at least all your young families

because the weather moods are going zany.

1 Like

‘It’ is just a ‘gross blemish’ :unamused:

My pic was taken on my birthday a couple of years back. Strawberries and Champagne in Gageac on the dordogne :slight_smile:

The waiter even picked some flowers from the garden for my table - beautiful.

I was in Gageac a week ago and they make decent sparkling wine there…well some of the vineyards.
But the best comes from Blaye.
Been a bad year for strawberries.
I live in the region…well sort of 24/33;

1 Like

Your opinions count, Tim. No-one wants to spoil your day, and you mustn’t let anything any of us write do that. But you did ask a pointed question, did you not? Our scribblings will soon be washed away, but here’s one that has stood the test of time, and is probably ineradicable as long as humanity survives:

Devotions upon Emergent Occasions - 1624, John Donne

No man is an island, entire of itself:every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as if a promontory were, as if any manner of thy friends or of thine own were. Any man’s death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

I don’t presume to try to alter your sensibilities, Tim; but only care to share my own, for what that’s worth.

1 Like

Certainly not afraid of either, just amazed that such arrogant rabble rousers are able to to get into positions of power well beyond their capabilities.

1 Like

Barbara do you know what kind of glaze they add to the strawberries in restaurants is it rose water? Whatever it is is slightly sugared and delicate but definately adds value.

In England way back we used a stock syrup flavoured with the berry and thickened with arrow root that gives the transparent glaze. Personaly I love using essence of real roses for things like that and my fav drink is rode lemonade. I rarely drink alcohol but it is not a sin for others to indulge with restraint. ¨People say all sorts of things when they are drunk!

1 Like

Not personally afraid either, but have children and a grandchild. Trumps kind of poisonous populist demagoguery is contagious, turning a blind eye or treating him as a bad smell that will go away is a serious mistake, I reckon. People used to laugh about Hitler’s moustache and squeaky voice…:thinking:

1 Like

Dad said He didn’t trust those who never took a ‘tipple’, “Frightened of disclosing too much” :thinking:

Possibly as he commanded the murder of so many people.