Sterling v Euro

there’s only one shiteer here.

Keep it civil guys - it would be good to have a proper discussion on the subject, Brexit has happened so comments will not change that

3 Likes

What’s with the sonny boy Daddo?

Of course it did - who else’s opinion were you going to post? Unless you’re an empty vessel just echoing Minford or Redwood.

just trading insults with Paul Flinders, makes for good banter.

but that’s the whole point, you didn’t want me to have an opinion, sorry and all that but this is a discussion forum.

IF you can come up with some arguments to support your statement/opinion I will happily, and politely, debate them with you. Until then I’m going to assume that you are the same as every other person I have had a similar “discussion” with - your approach so far certainly reinforces that view.

Trade to the EU has already dipped below the RoW - which I am sure makes the like of John Redwood (and perhaps the other Paul) happy because they can push the claim that “we’re doing more global trade” while conveniently forgetting to look at the absolute value of such trade. We’ve seen this in the claim that we were obviously doing well because lorry volumes to the EU rebounded quickly early this year ignoring the fact that a much higher percentage than usual were doing so empty.

Most inadvisable and inappropriate on SF.

1 Like

Thank you John for your structured response, I merely expressed and opinion which I thought was inline with the general trend of the post only to receive this from one of the contibutors:
“I’d stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking, oh and put the Kool-Aid back on the supermarket shelf, it’s all clouding your judgement.”
I feel this in a wholly inappropriate comment, making personal insults.
I hope you don’t take offence to my reply, none is intended.

Well, perhaps I should have known better, I should have ignored the initial insult. I do apologise if I’ve offended you.

let it rest there.
If you make wild claims on SF expect, quite rightly to be called out on them and asked to elucidate.

Ok as long as @anon88169868 is?

That’s all I would expect but, not to be insulted.

I’m not very familiar with the contributors on here and perhaps I should not have contributed to the discussion but, I will know who to avoid in the future, I’m just sorry it happened.

@Daddo
@anon88169868 has earned my respect and I value his input on a range of issues.
You have a long way to go before I can say that of you just now based on your current contributions, sadly.

He certainly hasn’t earned my respect after insulting me and I don’t know either of you from Adam so I suppose it cuts both ways.

In which respect you might be best leaving it there or responding to @anon88169868 with some arguments to support your assertions so that we can all pick away at it in the very best of SF discussion traditions

here we go again.
I’ve stated my opinion full stop

I have absolutely no issue with giving opinion, I would encourage it - it is interesting to see things from all perspectives to get a fuller picture.

An echo chamber achieves no progress.

All should just keep it civil.

2 Likes