Stop The Boats

This is exactly why it is complex, it was basically forced on Afghan women like it or not which is clearly wrong.

Of course. I find it totally appalling, but, presumably, these women have been brought up in an extremely right wing home, or should one say indoctrinated.

I lived and worked in Iraq during the Sadam days. He encouraged women to cast away the burqa as well as get them into universities - in fact you could say that he was the opposite to the Talbhanā€¦ My point is that back in those days, most women, the younger ones anyway, dressed in western clothes with make-up etc, so I do wonder how many Muslim women are happy with that oppressive black sheet covering them? I bet not many!

Iā€™m not clear what that has to do with my point. The usual and largely correct charge is that it is right wing, Christian men telling women of all creeds and political leanings what they can do with their bodies.

I agree with your point and might even take it further as someone did earlier, it is not only so called new Christian or right wing, but men who are afraid of women. I have always believed that the police, army and fire depts - in fact any organisation where being macho is the entry criteria are places where men who are afraid of women congregate and feed on each otherā€™s fear to present oppression towards women. Add Talibhan to the list.

Of late, it seems that my convictions are sound.

2 Likes

Could you elaborate?

I havenā€™t heard of ā€œnew Christian[s]ā€ but I wouldnā€™t want to miss a trend.

Leaving that aside, you could also add young men who follow Andrew Tate and other like influencers.

1 Like

6 minutes in deals with the boats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8M-kYfM4ow

Iā€™m not sure why Sunak describes the new facility agreed at Calais as a ā€œdetention centreā€ but perhaps thatā€™s just to keep the Tory racists on sideā€¦ Letā€™s at least hope that this time round, the centre is properly manned and organised and that safe routes to the UK for asylum seekers will be re-established.

1 Like

Lineker is stepping back from presenting MOTD - this is wrong, ridiculous and also a little worrying as to the censorship and bias that is now apparent at BBC.

Possibly worse:

2 Likes

further proof, if needed, the BBC is not fit for purposeā€¦

6 Likes

Iā€™m glad that Lineker is standing by what he said. He is right to express himself and it doesnā€™t contravene his contract with BBC.

Such a shame that criticism of the government is now to be censored. What next?

7 Likes

Oh dearā€¦ the devil as usual is in the detailā€¦

1 Like

Good to see Ian Wright standing by Gary Linekar :+1:

6 Likes

Further analysis from NovaraMedia which highlights where Reform UK are on thisā€¦

Many hijab-wearing or tchador-wearing women wear a lot of make-up too.

2 Likes

Itā€™s all just getting out of hand now, absolutely pathetic but when you see who is in charge of the BBC not unexpected :face_with_raised_eyebrow::frowning:

2 Likes

Now Alan Shearer also:

2 Likes

Donā€™t worry- this pair will step in:

4 Likes

what an opportunity to finish with ā€œexpertā€ analysis.

Well, apparently Eton plays more football than other schools. Canā€™t think what this reminds me ofā€¦

Itā€™s not dissimilar to what happens in autocratic countries, Putin, Afghanistan, etc. Donā€™t disagree with the authorities. Sad.