The more I see of Joe Biden

Yes, he has already confirmed that.

Yes, it’s the most progressive Democratic Party platform ever.

How important is for Americans to what president it it is I mean the different states have their own government any way with states laws and state policies

You may need to do some reading :smiling_face:

3 Likes

State and federal law and some time they clash especially on dope thing in resent years but it seem like the legal dope is still growing

I have just finished watching a documentary about murders committed which were connected with a bizarre bank robbery in Pennsylvania.

The whole thing took more than 10 years to resolve, mainly because of ‘turf wars’ between federal (FBI, ATF), state and local police jurisdictions.

But Federal law prohibits the sale of alcohol to anyone under 21 years of age, in all states.

Why can they drink at 18 in Madison, Wisconsin? Is there some get-out clause? (Or maybe nowadays they can’t - in the 80s they could and students from Illinois used to nip over the border for a beer) or is it that you can’t buy it in a shop, but you may consume it on certain premises?

The Federal Uniform Drinking Age Act of 1984 set the minimum legal drinking age to 21 in all states. Before that, each state set its own age limit, ranging from 18 to 21.

Ah thank you - I understand now, when I was a student at university in Germany in the early 80s my friends from Madison told me about the age thing. I wouldn’t have been allowed champagne at my graduation :disappointed: if I had been in the US.

I’m happy to hear that you were allowed to have champagne at your graduation. :partying_face::champagne:

1 Like

Actually Martin, they picked dopey Joe because he wont last a year before stepping down and handing the golfball over to that failed AG camel harris. She is the one who was secretly put up even though she dropped out of the primaries. And then the shitstorm will open up. Dopey Joe has some issues pending with his appointment to the board of a russian oil company alongwith his son and the transferral of millions of USD between accounts etc. If he doesnt pardon himself and his son in the first few months then who knows what will hapen.

Seven months into his presidency and the wheels have come off big time, how much longer will he last?

To be fair to Hair Sniffer, the wheels were never ‘on’ in Afghanistan.

ISAF (which US forces called “I Saw Americans Fighting” due to the lack of engagement by some other nations troops) only ever controlled what they had covered in view of the guns of their fire bases.

The moment, they left it was always going to be Saigon 1975 again.

It’s not just Afghanistan though, the Covid situation in the US is dire and the vaccination programme has stalled, he’s clearly not up to the job.

1 Like

I see that Biden has announced his run for the presidency for 2024. He must win, or the USA, if Trump is reelected, will be going down the drain IMO.

https://www.axios.com/2023/04/25/joe-biden-2024-presidential-election-campaign

It gives Biden incentive with just over a year to achieve positive things to keep Trump out.

Surely the Democrats can find a more suitable candidate than Joe, who is increasingly showing signs of his fragility, but who is the big question and one which, l’m afraid, is far too complicated and important not to address imminently.

Regrettably the most worthy alternatives are women or women of color. The US is too misogynistic and racist for them to be elected.

Biden’s mental agility (or lack thereof) backed up by multiple videos suggesting at least mild short term memory issues is too much of a liability - expect the Republicans to use the attack line that he’s not fit to govern, sadly I expect that to stick with floating voters.

1 Like