The Queen tests positive for Covid- update

General health isn’t it. Not specifically COVID - if your waist measurement is disproportionately big you are carrying more visceral fat and it is a marker for all sorts of conditions or vulnerabilities. Obviously as with any rule of thumb there will be exceptions.

2 Likes

A lot of healthy fit people with small waists have died with covid, it will probably not help if you are overweight but I doubt it will be seen as a “fat” people killer, only one of the people I know that have died would have come into that category.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
What utter b------s.
Was this an internet doctor,wannabe doctor or a real one?
Health certification by rule of thumb, whatever next?

In fairness, rule of thumb works for a large and varied population if it’s based on some measurements, though it’s usually called a normal range. This particular rot doesn’t seem much worse than the BMI used widely and rather crudely, that doesn’t distinguish between fat and muscle mass.

2 Likes

So that would explain why my BMI and waist to half height suggestion doesn’t work when applied to little old me.
Just had annual bloods and urine test and the once over by my doc and been told good to go for another year.
Much better this way than relying on Doctor I’net.

One could equally level the same comment back, what we do know is a lot of people die every day, from some pretty fundamental causes but no one puts those figures out so we have to go and look for them. Some will find 24,000 deaths too much to handle so its upsetting and more so if without data we attribute all of those deaths to covid.

Happy to be shown data and admit if I am wrong, no ego here just trying to see the picture. In London, the trains are at usual commuting capacity, restuarants are filling up, the theatres are filling to their original capacity and life is returning to normal at last. Yes omicron figures have not dropped that low and remain stubbonly higher than anyone would like but life is good and without counter evidence death rates from covid are reducing and around normal for this time of year and the ages affected.

A real doctor, a currently practicing one who advises large corporations on the wellbeing of their staff.
Health by rule of thumb and some data is pretty much what is actually happening at that level it seems. Same old same old 1970’s NHS diet advice, eat low fat and high carbohydrates :persevere:
Must reduce your cholesterol because it clogs your arteries. Drink milk because your bones need the calcium. Yada yada.

1 Like

Very few would develop that much muscle around their waist to get higher than half their height so that would only leave two possibilties, a hernia or fat, visceral being seen as the most concerning to health.

I’ve been watching from afar… and am loathe to join in this conversation, but feel I should point out that the various figures quoted on the thread I update daily… are Covid figures.
The deaths quoted there are Covid deaths.

But, of course, I’m talking about France.

Over and out…

I think Johnboy was mentioning the EU which is much larger? Were there 24,000 deaths from covid in France last week?

No there weren’t, if you would read a post properly I said, according to the figures there were 24,000 deaths from covid in Europe last week :wink::face_with_raised_eyebrow:
The problem I have is your assertion that everything is fine now, this strain or covid is no worse than a cold guff, covid affects everyone differenly and while it is having a lot less affect on the bulk of people, it is demeaning to those who are having health problems with it, are having long term effects due to it and are dying with it.
Covid is no matter how you dress it up is still a killer and can still have life changing effects, if you want to catch it fine, get on with it and I hope sincerely it does not give you any problems, but stop with the it’s now no worse than a cold assertion and does not have any effects now, because it isn’t and it still does.
You now live a healthy lifestyle which is great and good for you :sunglasses: but doing research on the internet does not actually make you an expert it makes us better informed, but it makes none of us experts, leave that to the professionals who have done the training, the studying and who’s jobs it is be the professional experts.

3 Likes

It was @Griffin36 not me.
However I echo @Griffin36 last post.
Certainly the overwhelming majority have avoided or survived covid but that is no comfort to those who lost loved ones.

1 Like

Unfortunately so called “experts” do not always get it right. You may remember right at the beginning the WHO and a doctor on here were poo-pooing the need to wear masks - how wrong could they be!

I’m with @Corona on this, so much better to be responsible for one’s own health and well-being, including if one wishes to become infected with COVID and build immunity that way.
I posted extensively at the beginning because I believe complementary healthcare has much to offer, but I also said I would be among the first to be vaccinated because we did not have time to find better solutions. I was on a list when our local town was doing 10 vaccinations A WEEK!
I would rather NOT be vaccinated - for example I have never felt the need to have a flu jab and that too can be a killer in the elderly frail.
Seemingly “fit” young people maybe anything but. Especially in fact those who seem robust and exercise. Two things happen - they think because they exercise they can eat crap and get away with it. Or, like my god-daughter they have heart disease and don’t know it, because no one looks for it in the young. She farmed, sheered sheep and nearly died in her 20s. Spent months in a coma. I’m certain COVID would have taken her off and everyone would have said “Oh but she was so fit”.
I would much rather see a world where good nutrition is paramount in healthcare. Most if not all of the illnesses in this world would be insignificant if that were to happen. Sadly, there is no money in good nutrition (and I don’t mean the rubbish in the bio sections of supermarkets). In the meantime, we need vaccinations and the like and pharmaceutical companies make billions and want to keep it that way.

2 Likes

The thread drift on this thread is quite impressive, even for SF :see_no_evil:

Well if it is good enough for her majesty, its ggod enough for me.

2 Likes

That’s where we differ then, if it’s something she or her family might concern themselves with, I’m running the other way as fast as possible :joy:

1 Like

I did read the post properly, I was responding to Stella who said France.

An expert is just someone who studies it more than others. If only our GP’s would study more, maybe they could actually start reversing and curing some conditions instead of just pill popping the symptoms.
One example out of hundreds, when you have done the study I have you can comment, until then what is your opinion based on? Now I dont mean that in a nasty way its a question. My friends wife has struggled with her weight for years and now has heart issues, she messaged me last week having lost 2 stone since October, her hba1c is now in range and she tells me she feels terrific, her cardiologist is pleased for her but still cant believe the results so she handed him links to other cardiologists who do understand. 2 friends off their medications having reversed T2 diabetes as I posted before. I stand on the shoulders of giants but as an engineer I understand cause and effect and the mechanisms that lead to the issues, if by people power we can change the outcomes for the better then I am happy with that.

2 Likes

Good for you :sunglasses:
The link to diet and diabetes has been known for decades, my wife reversed her type two 25 years ago on advice from her doctor and dietitian, so with my wife, mum and sister having diabetes, I know a bit about it :wink: it is nothing new, nothing really is, anyway this topic is about Covid not diabetes :wink::yum:

Anyway as I posted in the other topic, hopefully this variant keeps going the omecron way.

• Ten cases of the “Deltacron” recombinant have been detected in France, according to Public Health France and it could be circulating on French territory since mid-January. It brings together in its genome the sub-lineage of the Delta variant and also of the Omicron variant . “It is difficult to predict what their characteristics will be in relation to the variants from which they are derived, and therefore their impact on public health in the event of circulation in the population”, informs the health organization. These new cases are the subject of extreme vigilance , because “they constitute major evolutionary events”.

Yes I read it and my first thought was how happy you would be, now you can add to the 24000 deaths and be proud you were the 1st on here to worry people all over again. I prefer to wait and lets see what actually comes out of this and if those who have been previously infected fair any better.

That might sound harsh, when I posted as much as I could on omicron from the South African doctors actually on the front line about how mild the infection seemed to be compared to delta, some just kept banging on about death, death and more death, the cheerful blighters, so its just as this morning the same reversal of your post back.

On a happier vein, its great that some of your family have reversed T2 diabetes and 25 years ago on the doctors and dieticians advice as they must have been very forward thinking indeed. It has taken all this 25 years for it to catch on with people questioning their doctors about it, many of whom just keep handing out medications, even the Diabetes UK havent changed their stance in all that time.
Just look at their website, does it look like anything but a money making lunch club hiding under the banner of being a charity and descibing only how to live with diabetes and not reverse it with what is a really simple life change for an awfully big health benefit.