The Queen tests positive for Covid- update

And it’s not like you to be obnoxious :wink:
I suppose I just don’t like to gloss everything over like some.

1 Like

@Corona Oh dear… it seems that I didn’t make myself clear enough… sorry.
You had said that

and it was actually the query you seemed to have about figures… “if without data we attribute all of those deaths to covid” which caused me to comment.
I felt it was important to mention that the French death figures which France published daily and which I linked to in the Daily Update thread… those figures are the result of accumulated data and (quite rightly) were all attributed to Covid.

Phew… hope that sorts things out… just goes to show how easily one person can misunderstand another…

cheers

1 Like

I’d probably gently correct this, and suggest an expert is someone who understands.

Lots of people read up and have information available, but don’t really understand what it all means - it’s just a bunch of words and numbers. When someone asks a question or comments about the things being declaimed then the information gatherer throws a quote or a link at the questioner without any idea whether the question is really being answered or not. It’s all part of the process whereby individuals develop ‘their truth’ rather than knowing the truth.

2 Likes

Could be, the problem is responding saying its the same argument but the opposing opinion could always be seen as obnoxious I suppose. I just prefer not to spend my life in the rear view mirror :wink:

Now that’s profound and mature, we are never going to agree but that’s life, onwards and upwards :yum::wink:

I thought I would add to this, anyone who actually knows me instead of sitting behind a keyboard, should laugh in your face about the “I just prefer not to spend my life in the rear view mirror :wink:” remark.
I have never done that in my life, as why on earth would I, between my wife dying, the works accident and the two strokes that is the last thing I would want to do :wink:.

1 Like

Yes very true and eloquently put.
The basis for the discussion from my point is the health of my friends as we all get older. Some are getting sick, some sicker. I see an increase in their doctors prescribing meds to control symptoms in most cases but not curing. That leads me to search and by doing so its research be that as a lay person or a qualified profesdional. Always prepared to learn and take on input from others with greater knowledge or understanding. Just wish my GP would broaden his horizons somewhat. As we dig deeper we can find people who oppose the mainstream and some of these are eminent professors with years of experience behind them.
One example is Professor Knokes, the guy wrote the book on carb loading for atheletes, marathon runners etc, after realising his error he publically tore the first chapters from his book and proclaimed everyone else should do the same as he was wrong and it was BS. He was suspended and his entire career almost over until he was able to prove the hypothesis and was re-instated. Thats the kind of guy I admire.
The superb explanation of cholesterol from Ivor Cummins leaves you in no doubt that medicine has got the cholesterol debate wrong and its no surprise that statins are such a big earner for the manufacterers.

2 Likes

A lot of things Knokes has written have been really excellent, other stuff he has got so wrong though.

1 Like

Legal situation in England and other things.

The Times: Sage modellers admit they got Omicron prediction wrong.

I was always told that the definition of an expert is simply:
and ex is a has-been and a spurt is a big drip under pressure :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Would you please explain this remark.

This sort of stuff

1 Like

Those are just bio versions of the trashy stuff people like though. I virtuously (and smugly no doubt) buy the vast majority of my food loose, filling up my own containers with worthy organic wonders and cook everything from scratch but that is something a lot of people consider a bore and they aren’t interested.
But I also have a stash of lovely trashy Nongshim ansungtangmyun for when only trashy will do.

3 Likes

Is that posh for crisps?

1 Like

I have decided to donate the failed sourdough loaves I bake to the Ukraine troups to pound the Russians with.

2 Likes

Hahaha it is mildly hot seaweed instant noodles, you cook them and spiv them up with some vegetables a dollop of chilli and a poached egg (just chuck it in) this is last night’s extravaganza photographed by a daughter who arrived home yesterday and wanted that for supper.

2 Likes

Channelling your inner dwarf Corona?

I hope the Pratchett reference isn’t too obscure.

1 Like

Lunch

1 Like

I like your noodles :sunglasses: but if that is avecado it’s like eating candles as far as I am concerned :yum::grin:

2 Likes

I’m going through an avocado phase… ever since we had them at Christmas.
I chop the flesh into small chunks and mix it into lemon-coated pasta and top with bits of smoked salmon… lots of black pepper… yummy.

I have found other ways just as pleasant… but I agree that not everyone likes 'em

Perhaps the trick is to find which level of ripeness one prefers… or just simply hate 'em altogether.

2 Likes