The Queen's Jubilee - A Time To Celebrate?

They weren’t originally - I’ve a friend who plays much older Occitan and Basque pipes. And what’s more they’re more techncially sophisticated. Nevertheless, they still sound awful! :wink:

1 Like

Do you mean Louis-Philippe or Napoleon III? Or are you thinking of Louis XVI and the uncrowned Louis XVII :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s complicated isn’t it. For the English at leat :smile::woozy_face:

One shower a day is enough Stella :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just the one whose head you chopped off.

So 5th last :slightly_smiling_face:
Well, remember what happened to Charles I a century and a half earlier than that fool Louis XVI :wink:

Here’s a dad joke: what did Charles I’s executioner have for breakfast and where, on the fateful day?

He had a chop at the King’s head, boom ka tish
I’ll get my coat.

3 Likes

Having watched some of the Celebrations, it seems clear that a huge number of folk have had a wonderful time… :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

The unsung heros of the night were the very clever people who produced the light show on and over Buck Palace facade.
A great nights entertainment and it didn’t rain!

1 Like

is that a euphemism for “they were falling about all over the place and vomiting in the gutter”? :grin:

2 Likes

Just because you’ve honked 6 pints and a kebab into the gutter, it doesn’t mean that you haven’t had a great night out.

2 Likes

I thought it was just about a mandatory measure of a “good night out” :grin:

2 Likes

That may depend on the age of the chunderer.

1 Like

too young and the smell of the barmaid’s apron could be enough :wink:

A few piccies from Friday’s party in Somerton (English weather did what one might expect at 3pm).

Platinum jubilee June 2022-02644 by Anton Ertl, on Flickr

Platinum jubilee June 2022-02681 by Anton Ertl, on Flickr

Platinum jubilee June 2022-02799 by Anton Ertl, on Flickr

Platinum jubilee June 2022-02497 by Anton Ertl, on Flickr

Platinum jubilee June 2022-02474 by Anton Ertl, on Flickr

4 Likes

your third picture (of the cake) serves to remind me of Let them eat cake - feeding the peasants :grin:

Cake… cake… is this my cue to provide yet another recipe… :wink: :+1: :+1: I’ve found a lemon variation of my highly-successful orange cake… which the local “peasants” of several nationalities have recently enjoyed… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Did it ours first!

2 Likes

I spent my working life in warm surroundings away from the open air crunching numbers. I’m not complaining , there are far worse ways of earning a living, but to claim that the monarch has a hard life is laughable. You have fallen for the best confidence trick that has ever been played on the UK public.
The monarch has a life if ease in palatial surroundings where there are no shortages and the best of health care.
His duties
Listen to the prime minister once a week.
Attend public functions as a VIP.
Wave graciously (I can do that)
Wear fancy dress.

Umm!

Thats about it. Cushiest number going.

1 Like

Thats the plus points, then the press and cameras following every move and you have presumably stopped work? The Queen is still working 70+years, no doubt you have changed companies a few times.

1 Like

He was booed at St Paul’s Cathedral.
Shades of The Marquis of Bute.

1 Like