Theresa May’s Brexit Deal Rejected By MPs For A Second Time

I see the plight of the Catalans strikes a chord with you. lol. Do you have a view?

I am French and Scottish. I am not Catalan, I haven’t really got an axe to grind though I don’t see why they are denied a consultation, they can sort out their own situation, a return to the time when Catalonia was a sovereign state would mean their getting Naples and Sardinia (off the top of my head) which might cause ructions with the current nationalist crew in Rome…

1 Like

Well I sympathise with their cause. To be denied a plebicite seems unfair not least when they see others have had their say, regardless of the outcomes.

1 Like

Although Madrid said exactly the same thing to Barcelona that Westminster said to Edinburgh.

I’m English and Scottish…

I love listening to the members of the SNP in the House of Commons…they brighten my day…clear…consistent…passionate…articulate…love them…! x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well we wouldnt put the Scots on trial.

I posted this a while ago

I think it demonstrates that we are all a little parochial in our views. People are internationalists when it comes to USA but less interventionalist when it comes to a region in Europe deserted by the project.

If the Eu agrees to an extension thereby giving Brexit a new date that apparently could be enough to allow May’s deal to be voted on again, bizarre.

It can’t be voted on again in this Parliament.

2 Likes

What on earth does this mean? [quote=“IronDuke, post:158, topic:24956”]
People are internationalists when it comes to USA but less interventionalist when it comes to a region in Europe deserted by the project.
[/quote]

Actually the Spanish situation is more akin to Ireland, now there’s a lovely can of historic worms.
Interventionism in neighbours’ internal affairs is frowned upon, generally, isn’t it, cf attitudes to Italian demonstrations of support for GJs.

1 Like

Hence that disgusting apology for an elected representative, Farage, going to the parlement and being his usual vulgarian rude and cloacal self begging them to intervene. Just before doing a bit of his lemming walk along some cliffs with his loony hangers-on.
Ghastly, ghastly little man.

5 Likes

Seriously Peter, a different exit date could count as a material change to the deal so Bercow might have to let parliament vote on it again.

For me it shows the EU true colours. We are all Irish, leaves no room for the Catalans. Madrid has EU’s blessing, and nobody except the Catalans are Catalonian. Apologies for the interlude - has anything happened with Brexit yet? :joy:

absolutely - Macron, arguably unpopular in France, addresses Europe directly. I wonder if his confidence will ever desert him. Yet he gets upset when the Italians have a chat with GJ’s.

Oh crikey - the other side of the Pyrenees looks ever more appealing!! :es::es::es:

1 Like

lol - Macrons words not mine.

1 Like

It was you who raised the notion of agricultural workers being exploited.
I was referring to the fact that British farmers have to use immigrant labour,what you call being exploited, because the Brits won’t do the work.
Perhaps you could tell just why they won’t do this work?
Do you have any background in farming or agriculture?

I have a pair of Argyll wellingtons, a chocolate labrador and a derby walking cane. My credentials are beyond challenge. I have also been house hunting around Boston, Lincs. It seems many of the these folks do work hard in the fields but have very little money to show for it. I did see some farmers wive’s driving about in Range Rover Vogues though.

As an aside here is how Boston voted in the referendum - the town centre reminded me of my time in Warsaw - I quite liked it but not many of the locals seem to.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessarily a case of Brits not wanting to do the work today, with near full employment there simply aren’t enough workers available full stop.

Timothy, it is nearly impossible to get Brits to do field work.

What a self satisfied yellowbelly.