Thunberg, anyone?

The earth will be there, we won’t, and we’ll die out nastily I think, along with animal species, over 2 million animals dead in Peru… You must be quite old to be such a short-termist.

2 Likes

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Yes she knows that it’s all first dose…and that there will be more scheduled and she knows exactly what the abbreviations refer to…(I just typed out here the abbreviations exactly as they appeared on her
appointment letter…)

DTap is one she’s considering and there seem to be different approaches to this too…

She’s not a vaccine refuser per se but she is alarmed by the escalating vaccine schedule and the move to make vaccines mandatory…

During this pregnancy she was offered the flu vaccine at every appt which she refused and then offered the MMR (for herself) not long after he was born at home which she also refused…

She’s not saying no vaccines ever…she’s just saying not yet and will make an appointment with her doctor in due course to discuss…her older sons are 6 and 7 and she’s interested to find out if the answers to the questions she raised 6 and 7 years ago are any different now…

She also refused the vitamin k ‘vaccine’ and was offered oral vitamin k instead…

Thanks for the link Poppy…I don’t know if I’ll be able to watch it here but I’ll give it a go…I’ll also send the link to my daughter in uk…

(Interesting that France is one of the most vaccine sceptical nations…)

I hope she can be persuaded to have her children vaccinated.

Because you don’t have mother and baby nurse run clinics as you do in the UK sending out postcards, so actually people just forget. It is also why we have university outbreaks of meningitis and measles.

1 Like

It will take quite a lot poppy…

She won’t give consent to Hep B1 or Rotavirus…and probably not meningitis or pneumonia…she’ll no doubt be asking about single vaccines and if there are any new long term safety studies…

We’ll see…

If they get diphtheria polio and tetanus they can take their chances with the other childhood illnesses, bearing in mind that having them in early childhood is usually ok even if there are always fatalities, but the older you are when you get these illnesses the worse they are and can have fairly awful consequences. Mumps often make older boys sterile, after all.
But she’s an adult and can do what she wants with her own children, it would be worth mentioning they are unvaccinated if out and about just so immunosuppressed people can avoid them though.

I’ve been following the measles outbreaks…why do you think meningitis is becoming more prevalent in university students…??? I admit I haven’t seen any headlines about meningitis outbreaks…

Because they aren’t vaccinated and let’s just say university life generally leads to a fair bit of close contact with new people with new bugs. They also get mononucleosis, hand foot and mouth disease etc etc etc as well as the usual coughs colds and squits. Not a new situation by the way.

You must have skipped through what I wrote as, regardless of how old I am (not sure of the relevance), I wrote: “…throughout my adult life I have always thought that…”. You obviously missed that bit.

1 Like

Think of it like this: no one gets out of here alive. It doesn’t mean everyone is going to eat McDonald’s all day every day. Not without some unfortunate consequences anyway. Now apply the same logic to looking after the environment.

4 Likes

It is relevant because if you are eg a 60 year-old man, you have a realistic life expectancy of about 25 years, so what do you care if everything goes to pot in 40 years’ time, you’ll be dead and it won’t be your problem.

There is a difference between thinking throughout your adult life, in a fairly abstract way, that the Earth is destructible; and expecting mankind to be wiped out in the next mass extinction which is already underway.

2 Likes

OK, I see why you consider my age relevant but by “I have always thought…” I did not mean “in a fairly abstract way”. That’s what I have always thought…period. The mass extinction to which you refer may or may not be “already under way” but my limited reading about the matter suggests that it will not occur for a very, very long time. None of us knows what technology will be developed, what public attitude changes may occur, what weapons will be developed that could cause the end. So, no, I am not particularly concerned, just as I haven’t been for the whole of my adult life which, if one considers say, 18 being the age at which one becomes an adult, amounts to 57 years. I accept that many people are very worried about the Earth’s future but I believe also that climate change concern is a bandwagon to some who want something to jump aboard. Oh, and by the way, my intention is to extend my life well beyond 85 and to still be competing on the ITF Seniors World tennis circuit…if that mass extinction hasn’t taken place by then!

2 Likes

Sorry but I do not understand your McDonald’s analogy.

Well she watched the diocumentaey and a few minutes in she texted me to say she felt really annoyed and that it was likely to be propaganda but she stuck with it to the end…she felt the second half presented the other side of the debate and was glad to see Del Bigtree featured…Del’s point was that “governments” should not have control over our bodies…

1 Like

I didn’t watch it as I am in no doubt about the importance of vaccination. I’m sorry it didn’t convince her and hope her children don’t contract any of the diseases they could be protected from. I read recently of an 18 year old unvaccinated boy who was furious with his parents for leaving him exposed to these diseases and as soon as he was old enough got himself vaccinated.

1 Like

What I was trying to say is life is finite. That does not mean it should not be lived fully. A greedy/gluttonous life or approach to it will be ultimately unfulfilling. Admittedly my McDonalds analogy has fallen apart a bit but to soldier on with it; If you just ate McDonald’s I don’t see you playing tennis into your old age. Likewise why deliberately run the environment into the ground. Just because we can?

3 Likes

The problem for my daughter…both my daughters actually is the escalated vaccine schedule and the possiblility of a mandatory element…:

I’m mid fifties and have never received any vaccines since childhood…

It’s a different world for those raising children now and even though she may be considering DTap it is being presented to her as a 6 in one…

But once again Thankyou for the link to the documentary from both myself who wasn’t able to watch it and my daughter who did watch it…