To Hell or Rwanda

We spent a few days on a ‘houseboat’ (more like a very large 1970’s caravan floating on oildrums) at Kariba. We did also briefly drop by Lusaka, but couldn’t leave the plane. :wink:

1 Like

Sydney is a wonderful city :money_mouth_face:

There could be a variety of reasons: family or friends already in the UK, English language, previous employment with or British company or organisation.

“The fact the UK is willing to give them further assistance to continue their journey to another destination, “free of charge”, paid for by the UK tax payers is very generous.”

It is far from generous and possibly illegal under international law.
My understanding of Patel’s proposed policy is that once in Rwanda there will be no way back to the UK for these refugees even if found to be eligible.

hmmmm :thinking:
How many references will convince you otherwise?
this one
This one or perhaps
this one

and there are dozens more from various reliable sources.

To be honest, I think you need to research this more before pontificating about human rights, Rwanda and the UK excuse for a Government.
This policy is nothing more than a dreadful attempt at deflection away from the Crime Minister’s continuing peccadilloes :roll_eyes:
or maybe your comments were just an attempt at humour? :grin:

Goodness me!! I wish the site had a thumbs down for posts as this would get a big one from me.

4 Likes

I cannot believe what I read here.

1 Like

Please tell me you are taking the piss and not being serious? :see_no_evil: :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

of course it’s a windup…

So it was you that advised the UK government to include France’s overseas territories (hint : they are in hot places like the Indian Ocean) in the calculation of France’s average winter temperature so as to remove the Winter Fuel Allowance from UK pensioners regularly freezing in France?

1 Like

4 Likes

Not sure Rwanda is part of the French D.O.M –T.O.M or anywhere near them?
Being a pensioner, why would i shoot myself and others in the foot?
Nah… the snide government thought that one up all by itself
They are paying millions to look after a section of peoples they have no responsibility for, but won’t give the WFA to it’s pensioners choosing to live in France
Fair?

Is Rwanda a good country to live?

Beautiful weather prevails, making the country a pleasant spot to call home.
Locals are also some of the friendliest, most open and welcoming people in Africa. And, although Rwanda has a tumultuous history, the situation today is much more stable, with expats reporting feeling extremely safe in the country.

OK now I know you’re a troll

Yes, that happens Bob when you’re being persecuted. It’s hard to make travel arrangements when you are in fear of your life.

Sorry, I’m afraid there is Bob.

That’s just being silly, so I’ll draw a line here. Good luck :roll_eyes:

That pretty raciest Bob :thinking:

1 Like

John,
he’s a troll - see his comments in this thread:

1 Like

I agree Nigel, it’s quite sad really.

Interesting statistics:

Britain cannot cope with any more asylum seekers but Rwanda, which already hosts five times as many refugees per capita as the UK, and with a population density almost twice as great, can do so.

4 Likes

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 12.36.50

8 Likes

The thought had crossed my mind :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

This made me chuckle:

4 Likes