Too Old To Drive?

Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with @Peter_Goble flagged post .
I think you are being too sensitive. Will you censure me too for posting this cartoon?

6 Likes

I hope not Graham because I find it funny :wink:

Have to also say that I didn’t find Peter’s post offensive. I think he was saying what a lot of people are thinking, ie that wealth and who you are does count !

Edited to add, that after all how many people after causing such a bad accident would have a new car delivered the same day !

4 Likes

Hi Ann…

Where did you find out the cause of the accident…??? I thought the investigation was ongoing…

From your post Stella, vehicle A pulling out from a junction onto a busy main road hits into vehicle B.

Doesn’t take much working out which vehicule was at fault !

1 Like

Sadly, it is not as easy as that… what I said was… the vehicles collided…

The police will sort things out… but, the lefthand side of PP’s car is badly indented… from the photo it looks as if the car took a strong hit to it’s passenger door… which might mean that PP had already crossed to the middle of the road… before the vehicles collided… :thinking::thinking::thinking:

As I say… the police are investigating and I think it unfair/unwise to jump to any conclusions…

10 Likes

what happened to golf??:roll_eyes::thinking:

All we know at the moment is that PP pulled out onto a major road and was hit by another car, he is also alleged to have told the police he was blinded by the sun.

As for the supposed new car delivery, it is not new but a car that is normally based at Balmoral.

1 Like

To be fair my ‘lots of attention and very good care ‘ post was saying pretty much the same as Peters in more subtle terms. Although I do think the police will investigate and I think the reason it is being so prominently displayed in the media is so it can’t be buried without Joe Public asking lots of questions

If PP was turning onto the main road that damage would have occurred if he was turning rich and had pulled out virtually in front of an approaching car travelling in the direction he was going. What we don’t know was what was happening in the other car, was it speeding, was the driver on the phone, was it indicating to turn left. Hopefully an investigation will tell us more.
Nice to get a replacement car within hours. Last Wednesday I went to pick up my car that had been repaired after being hit by a driver driving without care and attention. That accident was on July 7th, over six months ago. Perhaps that’s why I have strong opinions about bad driving. Before the questions start, my car was stopped beside the road long before the collision, in a place where there was plenty of room for the two vehicles to pass.

1 Like

I had a company car in the UK and after an accident I was given a ‘pool car’ until mine was repaired, any different to what’s happened to PP?

1 Like

11h30 - just polished my weapons :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Apparently he was on his own.
Making assumptions is dangerous.

2 Likes

According to what I have read (but, obviously not to be taken s “gospel”) … he was crossing the major road… ie going straight ahead, from one minor road to the other… which would not necessitate turning (on the face of it)… but, as both you and I agree, … we need the investigation… (as IMO we have insufficient information…)

@Aquitaine … I am horrified that you did not get a “loan” car for the duration… I’m going to check our Insurance Policy… such a situation hits hard when folk need transport…

Just a thought… did you make the Insurance Claim against the “guilty party” via their Insurers… or via your own … ?

I’ve just sent you some photos. I will answer your questions by pm too.

1 Like

That makes sense, I had to play with toy cars to replicate the damage. :slight_smile: An early report had said he joined the road and the it was hard to see what could have happened. If he was crossing it it’s easier to understand.

1 Like

PP had an accident, he’s 97 so the media have jumped on this and gone on and on about it all. If William, Charles or any other royal had an accident the media would find an angle and go for it eg using the royal children in the back
‘did they distract him?’ You get the gist.
Should PP have been driving? We don’t know.
Did he ask for a car to be delivered next day? Probably not
What caused the accident? Not really our business, the police will decide.
Will there be bias because he’s a royal? Perhaps, a little.
But I would think most of us,if only in a minor way, have had something go our way because we knew someone. My husband had a headlight go on his car, didn’t know and was seen by a police car, luckily the policeman lived opposite my parents so told them to warn him and get it sorted.
One thing I do think is bias based on age is just as much a prejudice as any other.

2 Likes

I know folk think I have been too sensitive… or downright wrong… I can live with that… we can agree to disagree… no problem.

But IMO … with any incident…all parties involved should be regarded as innocent … while the facts are being investigated.

Age is a number… being Young…being Old… it is a fact of life… not a crime.

You are only the good driver you think you are until that slight lapse in concentration…whatever age you might be.

3 Likes