Trump Trumps Trump

Some people say that about their hearing aids! They just switch them off.

Fascinating historical article in today’s Guardian:

I didn’t even know about this - but it fits exactly the endlessly repeated historical pattern. Capitalism leads to crisis, the public get behind the left, the wealthy and privileged respond with a fascist coup - because as Hayek (Thatcher’s guru) made explicit, if democracy conflicts with capitalism, it’s democracy that has to end.

Back to spouting total garbage again :unamused::slightly_frowning_face:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-calls-the-capitol-police-officer-who-shot-ashli-babbitt-a-disgrace-and-claims-the-fbi-was-behind-the-insurrection/ar-AASPj6R?fr=operanews

Hope this leads to something meaningful…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4xFhhwLl5I

Felt too tired to wait up to 1.00am to listen to the latest Jan 6th Insurrection Committee Hearing, but woke up early this morning to hear it on C-SPAN radio. Stayed in bed to listen to it, but had to switch off due to a meeting in town.

Got back and found that C-SPAN seems to be repeating it over and over!

The hearing was about Trump doing nothing for 3 hours while the Capitol was under siege, while he watched on TV. Quite revealing.

Heard the beginning three times now. Sounds like C-SPAN are rubbing it in – quite rightly so.

2 Likes

US Reporters are also saying that this is a large caucus of Trump supporters who are still believing that the Election was stolen.
Presumably along with climate change does not exist and the world is flat!

1 Like

and that swallowing bleach kills Covid :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I so hope the law will find him guilty of anything to prevent him from running for the presidency again!

The problem is anything incriminating found will be claimed to be planted and a set-up and the morons will believe it since it feeds into the conspiracy rhetoric.

1 Like

And of course Trump will use this as a reason to tout for donations again.

and the bleeding thick Repubs will dig deep in their pockets again to bail him out… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Now that is scary:

FBI searched Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home for classified nuclear weapons documents

2 Likes

I think he claimed the 5th Amendment and made no comment to investigators…
Guilty as de Pfeffle who did publicly admit to meeting Ruskie spies in Italy after slipping hi security detail…

What is scary is they almost certainly found what they were looking for.

1 Like

And he hadn’t read them whilst in office.

I’m an innocent regarding politics, but it crossed my mind that if I had by some means sneaked out all those top-secret documents that Trump took away with him, and then someone snitched on me, I’d be in handcuffs pretty soon, if not immediately.

Why the pussy footing with Trump? Why isn’t he already in handcuffs? Or in jail?

perhaps for the same reasons de Pfeffle isn’t :wink:

Another Nothing Burger. The US Government has been trying to put Trump behind bars from the moment he left office.

If they had finally gotten something on him, every news source on the planet would be showing clips of him being led away in chains.

At most, he’s in the frame for failing to inform the interested parties that he had self-declassified any documents he held before he left office and get them re-marked accordingly.

Of course, the Orange Man Bad Posse aren’t going to let facts get in the way of a good story.

1 Like

There’s something wrong with USA law. No one is above the law, they say, but clearly some are…!