Trump Trumps Trump

17th October 2022 New York Post - “Country first” says Trump. Unbelievable…! Or maybe it’s not…

I thought I was looking at the US going down the tubes with the mid-term elections, they may well still go that way, but I was surprised & encouraged by one of Trump’s MAGA appointees losing Pennsylvania’s senate seat, to a Democrat.

Not only that, but a Democrat becomes a Governor in Pennsylvania instead of another of Trump’s election-denying appointees. What’s going on?

The orange one will be complaining that the elections were rigged… oh, hang on…

1 Like

I promised myself not to listen to news about the midterms, might do that now, as results are coming in with wins both ways. I’ll wait until it’s all over!

3 Likes

His favoured candidate in Pennsylvania lost the election and Trump lost face.

1 Like

It’s been a delight hearing from political commentators in the US that Trump is very very unhappy about the mid-terms, and especially how voters show growing disdain for his
stolen vote message. There is hope.

3 Likes

However it is likely that the Republicans will win the lower house and may yet take Senate - it doesn’t matter if the majority is one, it is still a majority.

Why the US saddles itself with a 2-year cycle on its legislature is beyond me.

2 Likes

Yes very odd.

1 Like

I think Trump has become the Republican’s Corbyn. Lots of disgruntled Democrats can’t bring themselves to vote Red while Trump is still the de facto leader of the GOP.

And when you consider part of that 2 years is spent campaigning for an election 2 years hence, and another part of that time, for someone new to congress, is spent getting to know the ropes, there isn’t much time left to actually legislate.

2 Likes

Problem is if Trump goes down, DeSantis goes up - and that might be worse.
Remember when we all though nobody could be worse than Johnson ?

2 Likes

Toxic Trump!!

3 Likes

If Trump is going to stand and De Santis as well, we will wait to see what dirt Trump is waiting to dish out.

1 Like

The good news is that the Democrats have held Senate - it might yet be 50:50 and relying on the VP’s vote but it is held, it might even turn out to 51:49 in their favour.

The House is going to be very, very tight as well.

So much for the Red Wave, I don’t know how bad DeSantis would be, but he’ll have to go some to be worse than Trump.

3 Likes

Why is it ‘good news’ ?

Primarily because the Republicans are even more insane.

3 Likes

The old man isn’t fit to be in office, he’s the biggest danger to world peace.

1 Like

Why is that?

Because he’s a doddery old man.

Doddery means “slow and unsteady in movement because of weakness in old age”.

For a man of his age, he is probably a bit creaky in his joints and has lost muscle mass, but from what I can see, he cycles, is nimble, looks healthily trim and not unhealthily obese. I’m a year older than he is and wish I had his energy.

For a man of his age, he travels long distances, spends much time discussing serious stuff that others might find disturbingly distressing, spends time campaigning, and goes to meetings that might exhaust younger men. I don’t know how he does it, but he’s been doing it all his life and most likely knows how to pace himself.

If you had said he was mentally unstable or is showing clear signs of dementia, then I might agree with you.

Which President was it that spent his presidency in a wheelchair, unable to walk. Physical prowess is good to have but should the lack of it mean he is a menace to world peace?

4 Likes