Trump Trumps Trump

I’m glad you find him fit for office, I don’t.

I have to assume then that what you are saying is that the physical fitness of a president, Biden in particular, is a threat to world peace. I’m sure you can’t mean that…

Or is it his politics that is of concern to you? That’s another matter altogether.

He may be physically able, he seems ok for his age.

His mental state is worrying to me.

I don’t know what his mental state is, but here’s a quote (my abbreviation) from the Washington Post…

“Biden is constantly in meetings with members of Congress (including Republicans), military leaders and independent civil servants, interest group and party leaders, governors and mayors, and foreign leaders of friendly and unfriendly nations. To believe that he is impaired requires a belief in a massive conspiracy."

Those who say he is cognitively impaired aren’t those he spends time with in a whole variety of continual meetings but are from those who don’t agree with his politics and want rid of him. That’s the way I read it.

That’s great, as long as you have faith in him.

I don’t have much faith in politicians, but I’d prefer to see Biden as president than Trump.

8 Likes

I am feeling depressed. I feel in my gut that Trump really is on his way out and I so hope he is. I’ve listened and waited every day since he was elected to hear that he’s been taken down in one way or another. I don’t care what they may convict him of so long as he is prohibited from playing any part in US politics ever again.

Is he on his way out?

More than likely.
The candidates that he backed in the mid terms failed spectacularly.
His tax returns being published should help him on his way out.
Apparently he has not paid any tax for ten years!

Softly, softly catchee Trumpie! What pleasure it would be to see him in an orange jumpsuit, head shaved, being led to his cell carrying his spare knickers, a bar of soap and a tiny,towel. In leg irons.
Some hope!

4 Likes

I would hate him to be lonely. Farage would be good company.

1 Like

Have been watching Republicans trying to get Kevin McCarthy elected as Speaker of the House and failing 11 times or is it 12 …? Over three or four days? Losing count.

Gaetz proposed Trump as Speaker who only got one vote, so I think Trump truly is on his way out.

I think Kevin McCarthy is thinking more about his ego and career than the American people. Congress can’t function without a Speaker apparently, leaving the country in a vulnerable state of affairs.

I don’t think that was a serious suggestion - more of a protest thing (although, apparently, the speaker doesn’t have to be a member of the house, so he actualy *could* be speaker).

Agreed….

From what I’ve heard, Trump was in touch with Mat Gaetz, Marjorie Tailor Greene and Kevin McCarthy during this voting fiasco, resulting in McCarthy finally becoming the Speaker. And now there is a sort of cabal of twenty or more Trump supporters, some in in key committee positions maybe, to cause future mayhem.

One of the first items on their agenda is Hunter Biden, and the Biden mafia!

I give up!

It’s just like the ERG and Rishi Sunak!

1 Like

I haven’t looked any further than this extract from a petition, and wonder if Kevin McCarthy really believes that his new policy on taxes is going to work. I’m no judge of tax policies, but this sound bizarre to me.

Now that Republicans are back in charge of Congress and the far-right “Freedom Cacaus” extremists hold all the power, we are about to see some staggeringly bad pieces of legislation put up for a vote — and McCarthy isn’t wasting any time.

On January 19th, McCarthy announced that he would be bringing a right-wing bill up for a vote that would abolish the IRS and all taxes - corporate taxes, capital gains, income, estate, gifts, you name it — and instead impose a 30% sales tax on every person in America.”

Well, I think I’d agree that falls into the category of “spectacularly bad” legislation.

Massively favours people higher up the earnings scale of course :rage:

There is always the possibility of moderate Republicans voting against it. Or maybe not.

Moderate or not, they are still Republican.

Biden will no doubt veto this bill if it gets to his desk, I wonder.