Was Boris Johnson wrong to speak the way he did?

Some people do indeed see it as sinister, Mike, but for some odd reason I’m not one of them. Perhaps I’m more widely travelled than some others, and don’t generally judge the contents of a parcel by its wrappings :wink:

the guy is a bafoon - but what exactly did he say ?

Basically he wrote, “we shouldn’t ban the burqa, it would be illiberal, but to to me they look absurd and maybe suspicious”. That’s a paraphrase, but I think it’s what he opined.

if this is what he said, then although like I said - the guy is a bafoon - I don’t think there is anything there which I would take him to task for. It is his opinion and he should be allowed to express it.

2 Likes

I think you should have the last word on this tiresome topic, Geoff, you seem à very sensible chap :grinning:!

certainly Peter with all the other events taking place on our sad planet, this topic is so unimportant that I am happy for this to be the last word.
I don’t know about me being sensible though - you are either being ironic or very generous - or you have not seen my other previous postings on this forum !
have a good day
geoff

Sadly the bridge in Genoa collapsed and we hope that this never happens again,
We can talk about the different topics ….little snipits of chit chat like the “price of baked beans”
or where I could go to get a better deal for my telephone.
But I see that what is going in within this freedom of speech with UK politicians as
dangerous, relevant and making this sad planet sadder.

1 Like

You have my vote there, Barbara. I find that a bit of grit on topics of great importance to us all is a welcome change from the idyls of Elysium, and vice versa.

As are the posts that crop up from members for whom the dream has turned sour for one reason or another. A bit of light and shade, a bit of sweet, a bit of tart. And no-one has to read a post by a subscriber who makes the reader’s blood boil.

1 Like

yes if someone does not like a topic then they can move off in another direction.

2 Likes

I’m sometimes one, sometimes the other, Geoff. In your case I liked the way you asked the question about Boris, and the no-frills way you gave your opinion. Alternative opinions no doubt available.

I also quite enjoy being a bit cryptic at times, and I’m not the only one. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, I admit.

How many litres have you downed at the rond-point, Bill? La circulation là, passe-t-elle toujours la bonne direction…? :upside_down_face::dizzy_face::grinning:

1 Like

Just a half, a pint Pete, pleasant Half Hour :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There’s a nice pub in Green Lanes, Haringey, North London called The Quiet Half. Londoners only drink halves. Cissies. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:rofl: Not a Londoner Pete, it was 'alf a leeter. :slightly_smiling_face:

Tha’s reet thar, me muckersome mucca :grinning:

1 Like

:+1: Nutt abitta bothur Marra!

1 Like

Disgraceful slur!!:beer::wink:

1 Like

To an Arsenal fan on his second half that would be a disslurful grease, innit? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

ہم واقعی پریشان نہیں ہیں، کیا ہم پریشان نظر آتے ہیں؟

2 Likes

Can’t decipher it but appreciate the novelty and the challenge to learn something new. :thinking::+1::grinning:

2 Likes