Well, he’s surely sweating now. 😂

Perhaps because she didn’t shout out loud that she was not enjoying herself. The money ran out and so she is back for more - women do that - didn’t you notice?

Well this thread’s taken a rather hateful turn…

2 Likes

Time for bed Kenneth.

5 Likes

I’d say raving bloody lunatic rather than hateful !

6 Likes

Someone clearly with an axe to grind for some reason - oh the joys of the net - but refreshingly it’s a minority view

1 Like

I think to be fair to Kenneth Keen, it is not unheard of for young women to prey on older, wealthy men in order to further their career or social standing.
It would be wrong to assume that every young woman who has sex with an older man does so under duress or is groomed etc, however much you prefer to believe it.
The girl was a spa attendant at 16 & met Maxwell who offered her a job. A newspaper article gives us this - “The Duke is accused of having sex with Ms Giuffre (then known by her maiden name, Virginia Roberts) on three occasions; a trip to London in 2001 when she was 17 for which she was paid $15,000, and later in New York and on Little Saint James, a small private island in the US Virgin Islands.”
There are indeed victims of grooming but there are also girls with an eye for an easy life & are prepared to do anything to achieve this.
I don’t know which category Virginia Giuffre falls into & neither do any of the contributors in this post.
There are two sides to every story & I don’t like to read the comments that attempt to put down any post that is not 100% in favour of her being anything rather than as pure as the driven snow.
Just because you don’t want to entertain the probability does not mean you can turn on someone that will.
THAT is the hateful turn!

2 Likes

What isn’t in doubt is that PA thought it was okay to associate with a convicted sex abuser, it’s therefore not too much of a stretch to think that he had some involvement with very young women who were trafficked by his mate’s accomplice.

2 Likes

Above all else this falls into “what was he thinking” - whatever his preferences he should have known or been advised that this was a very dangerous relationship for him to continue.

Many on Twitter who claim to have known AW when he was in the forces say that he was arrogant - perhaps he thought he was above sanction or consequence in which case I have no sympathy (actually I have little sympathy anyway).

2 Likes

In this case, isnt it why royal families interbred to “keep it in the family” trouble brews as soon as the peasants get involved

I think you’ve misunderstood why other posters saw Kenneth’s posts as ‘hateful’ Mark.
I think most people - being human themselves - well understand that young women are just as capable of deceit as old men (though Andrew’s friendships, and the imbalance of wealth and power, are strong indications of blame in this case).

But it was more formulations like

Isn’t it great for the witches to have someone to hunt? Those who are well past it themselves muttering how terrible the world has become when someone else seems to have been enjoying themselves.

Or characterising a woman as ‘a creature’, or ‘women’ in general as greedy - ‘women do that - didn’t you notice?’ - these expressions go way beyond not being ‘100% in favour’ of one young woman, don’t they?

3 Likes

I agree with all of that.

What I have found interesting is that the same arguements are being trotted out as were trotted out for saville.
Windsor has been caught , but thinks he was above the law.

3 Likes

I am no lover of Andrew, but I think it’s a bit far comparing him to JS, out of interest what law did he break in the UK.
I think he knew he was paying for sex/a high class call girl/prostitute, but it’s not like she was under age and he was a pedophile, she was 17 at the time.
Epstein and Maxwell were just evil in the set up they had organised, I don’t think Andrew was complicit in that part of their empire, I think he just enjoyed the trappings of a seedy billionaire.

…many people think that they know the facts of the matter, when the reality is that there is probably only a handful of people who know the truth!

PA is guilty of something, at best poor judgement but at worst sexual assault.

1 Like

And the motto of the story is…

‘money is the root of all evil’

Somehow it has an innate ability to influence and corrupt people, and drive them to do things that they may not otherwise do - crazy!

They say, everyone can be bought. The only difference is the price!

As with everything though there are sliding scales. There’s you and me for example who I imagine know literally next to nothing, then there are those who are either involved in the Epstein and Maxwell cases or have researched it. They won’t know the truth, but they’ll know far more than ‘the man in the street’ and I’d trust their word much more than someone who reads The Mail and a bit of social media and decides they know what happened. I was following John Sweeney’s weekly podcast for Global about the Maxwell trial for example and it gave far more of an insight having someone who was in New York, filing into the court every day, giving their recounting of what happened, what was said, how people reacted, and his thoughts and opinions, that I just got nowhere else, and the trial interested me so I really was looking for all the coverage I could get.

1 Like

Windsor’s interview with Emily Maitlis told me all I needed to know about the “man”.

4 Likes

It wasn’t an interview, it was a car crash :laughing:

2 Likes