We're all Trussed up now :(

That’s far more benign than anything I’ve seen :slightly_smiling_face:

disgusted

Nobody is “anti the UK”. Why do you conflate the despicable people in power with the Country?

8 Likes

Yes, I know, that was deliberate.

I’m not. I am, however, very anti what is happening here at the moment.

Edit: in case of doubt - “here”=UK

3 Likes

despicable people in power says it all!

so what are you all on about? what do you want? what do you expect to see? Stop carping! let’s get some positives in here as to what you think are the solutions!

1 Like

That’s so true, but I suspect not as you meant it. The lying, philandering charlatan, Johnson, purged anybody with integrity, for example Dominic Grieve. All that is left is right wing dross like Rees-Mogg, Redwood, Francois (Heaven help us) et al. Truss will bring her own troop of puppets into the Cabinet to have their strings pulled by the ERG.

Tragedy.

You first :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Which issue that @Sandcastle lists do you think Truss will actually address?

OMG, you are winding this whole thing up with your first reply, No need at all. Unnecessary.

I dont think I want to reply to such comments which are disgusting. “Dross” “right wing” “puppets” “tragedy” that is just plain horrid and not helpful

However, to contribute to this thread… what would you do to put things right??? Give the positive aaction any government would take and how it balances out in the long term???

Someone with a massive ego and sociopathic tendancies. So long as history will document their being they fullfill their ego.

1 Like

You think Starmer wouldn’t take it - anything for power

To start with I’d get rid of this corrupt government - need I remind you £37billion wasted on test and trace with no accuntability, £4billion lost to fraudulent furlough claims, multiple £millions of dodgy PPE contracts, peerages bought and paid for.

Ah, the “they’re all as bad as each other fallacy”.

Whatever else Starmer is, he is not corrupt.

9 Likes

Er we go….

“ Speaking outside No 10 where staff and supporters were gathered, he suggested he was leaving office because of an irregular rule change by Conservative MPs.

“In only a couple of hours I will be in Balmoral to see Her Majesty the Queen, and the torch will finally be passed to a new Conservative leader, the baton will be handed over in what has unexpectedly turned out to be a relay race — they changed the rules halfway through but never mind that now,” he said.

Mr Johnson expressed no regret over his own role in his downfall but used his farewell statement to list what he claimed as his achievements in office.

‘I’m proud to have discharged the promises I made to my party when you were kind enough to choose me, winning the biggest majority since 1987, the biggest share of the vote since 1979. Delivering Brexit, delivering our manifesto commitments, including, by the way … social care, reforming social care, helping people up and down the country, ensuring that Britain is once again standing tall in the world,” he said.

“As I leave, I believe our union is so strong that those who want to break it up, they’ll keep trying, but they will never, ever succeed.”

Lies, lies, lies :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Sick of this, you have no answers or solutions, or suggestions to help, just quoting this and that too detriment. Suggest something to be done please. Put forward something posiitive… how about an idea/

After 12 years of Tory disasters what would you suggest?

I would be delighted for you to list a few positives that I can consider - so long as you don’t take offence if they are discussed.

2 Likes

Why don’t you with your ideas list something positive?

Off you go. It’s always the same with critics just got nothing to put forward

Why don’t you have an idea then?

Hold on, I’m not a politician, why should I have a very well paid pack of dogs and bark myself. These people are paid to solve the problems, they are backed up a bunch of SPADS and the Civil Service and you want me to solve the issues :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I would like to see a thorough change to voting in UK so the number of MPs per party reflects the way that the total number of people voted.

I would also reduce the total number of MPs to 100.

…over to you

(by the way it is out of shear frustration that comment on this shambles of a government in UK - previously I have voted for just about every party so I am not loyal to any one party - but this current lying corrupt lot take the biscuit)

2 Likes

the first true thing you have said - about yourself actually :grin:
You may have forgotten the mute button since you have been away from SF for so long… if you need help finding it, let me know.

3 Likes