What are you going to be doing on the 31st?

Yeah What did the Romans ever do for us!

Benefits are prosperity, my freedom to live and work throughout EU are just 2 from a long list.

Well, there was the Aqueduct.

1 Like

Well for the moment you are allowed to live in my country, which must be a benefit otherwise you wouldnā€™t be doing it. And presumably shortly you will be availing yourself of all the good care we have in France for oldies, that you donā€™t really get in Britain now.

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking for a Troll pen-friend. They are quite rare, so, in the historic language of the trolls, a questionā€¦

Gu thurondeum guir Gloisteum Ashilvesteum thuroulmar dostoibag glouth gubag du hakittluth ininlinuth ilhaakum?

Ushhankakun! :hugs:

And sanitationā€¦

(Particularly relevant tonight with the shite @William1 is spouting! - sorry @james and @cat but occasionally a spade needs to be called a spade)

2 Likes

And the roadsā€¦

And Roman sums, and handy abbreviations

E.g XIV x XLIX = VICVIIIXVI :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

vero

VĆ©ronique Langlands

Team

January 24

William1:
There are no other benefits for me from Europe

Well for the moment you are allowed to live in my country, which must be a benefit otherwise you wouldnā€™t be doing it. And presumably shortly you will be availing yourself of all the good care we have in France for oldies,
that you donā€™t really get in Britain now.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

William1

Chris Silvester

January 24
What benefits are you talking about? The only thing I get is UK pay for my social cover. There are no other benefits for me from Europe

Visit
Topic
or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails,
click here

What about the french living in the uk getting health care for FREE
I have to pay lots for care in France

You are becoming a joke thank god we live in a community that dislikes the European idea and what it is becoming and by the way they are all french

Rubbish goes in hereā€¦

4 Likes

Personally I prefer the system where I pay a small contribution to my health care which relates to my specific healthcare, and which is exactly the same contribution that French people make, and receive good health care. The UK system, which I used to love, is not free. You pay through the NI system and these days receive a very poor service in all but a few areas of the UK.

The french living in the UK and receiving free healthcare are by and large paying for it - just not at the point of service - because most of them are working.

So they probably donā€™t like you much either, seeing you are foreign.

3 Likes

He cannot be for real. (nobody could be that stupid) Best ignored.

2 Likes

I said that several posts ago he is bored and using us for his entertainment

Iā€™d be interested to know what proportion of the French population comprises working adults, as distinct from children and young people under 18, the unemployed or chronically ill/handicapped, and retired people.

My wife and I pay into the French system by paying towards the costs of medical consultations and prescriptions (the charges being only partly reimbursed). We are both over 75.

My wife had to make a payment towards the cost of mammography last year which included an ultrasound. This was not, to my recollection, fully reimbursed. I resent the implication that healthcare for retired immigrant people in France is ā€œfreeā€, it isnā€™t. But we donā€™t resent paying what is due.

2 Likes

I meant that the majority of the french who are currently living in the UK are working and therefore paying into the UK health system. I think at a population level thereā€™s not a huge difference in age make-up between UK and France, but havenā€™t fact checked.

And I never implied that healthcare for retired immigrants here is free? To quote ā€œI pay a small contribution to my health care which relates to my specific healthcare, and which is exactly the same contribution that French people make, and receive good health care.ā€

In reality the 30ā‚¬ or so that you paid for mammogram/ultrasound is peanuts compared to the actual cost of providing that service. If you paid for it privately in the UK it would be more like Ā£300 (in the UK free mammograms stop at 73)

I think you are right, either working or if not, dependents of someone working. I canā€™t imagine many (if any) French people wanting to retire to the UK - it is OK for a visit sans plus.

1 Like

Lighting a candle, flying the EU flag and quietly grieving the loss of my rights as an EU citizen and the loss of freedoms to my children and grandchildren
Itā€™s going to be the most depressing day of my life :sleepy::eu::fr::eu::fr:

2 Likes

Upsadaisyā€¦ 'T was all for noughtā€¦Hereā€™s a fine upstanding Kraut, who incidentally lost both grandfathers in the last war, married to a fine upstanding Taffieā€¦our 3 sons are glad itā€™s not likely to be their lot in life. So a heartfelt Thank you to the founding fathers of the European Union from this mixed race family. As a german, the term mixed race has an extra dimension. One of us is Jewishā€¦ we have one of our homes in Brittany, all good.this is dedicated to Chris Silvester.

8 Likes

I accept that you didnā€™t Jane, and didnā€™t mean to implicate you in what I took to be the general supposition that it is free (in the sense that no cash changes hands at the point of service delivery).

I repeat, I donā€™t begrudge the small payments we make, and appreciate the service provided.

I do, however, sometimes a worry about where I shall find 25ā‚¬ to pay for an urgent doctorā€™s visit and prescription charges when I am sometimes drawing on an overdraft to pay bills, while waiting for a pension payment.

My wife and I also pay almost 1 000ā‚¬ pa for a very basic top-up mutuelle covering basic administrative charges for hospital admission. Many major state-run hospitals now advertise themselves as ā€œCentre Hospitalier PrivĆ©ā€, And our only experience of seeking admission for a minor procedure did involve our being asked for a mutuelle to avoid a charge of 50ā‚¬ per day or part thereof, which was expected to ā€˜book a bedā€™.

I didnā€™t know about the age 75 cut-off for mammograms, so thanks for the heads-/up. It was, however, a surprise to be asked to pay, as our MT had suggested the test to my wife. But one has to find these things out, and Iā€™m not complaining now I know.

The question about demography, I was just curious about the figures, and in principle I agree with and approve of state provision of crucial services for all, based on progressive taxation.