What do you think of your SF community? Should we make some changes?

On another thread this morning I commented about how I believed that the forum had improved during the last couple of years and the main reason that it has done so is it no longer appears to have an ‘elite’. Perhaps I am wrong.

Interesting, I have strived construct a democratic ecosystem within this community, hence the adoption of this particular software. I don’t see elitism but I may be too involved to have a clear perspective. Can anyone elaborate?

as Peter suggested it id put his name in the hat.

One suggestion it should be something people can opt into seeing, you would need to request to join the said group and not be able to see it even as a member unless you were given a certain badge. What ou dont want is regular members seeign stuff popping up when they dont want to see it.

That is what I did previously, it gained no traction at all. I have an idea though, let me get back to you.

I think a few folks have hardcore followers who will band together when one of the group is targeted in comments, not really elite but friends doing what friends do.

Far from an elite though

1 Like

I don’t see elitism now James. I’m just surprised to see that the word elite was used to describe those people who are allowed entry into the lounge. I like the lounge, it serves a purpose but I don’t think that it is elitist. A Room 101 would have to be for members only but open to all members.

1 Like

Harry, it was you who used the word.

room 101 - join here https://discord.gg/pwGrxU

yes elite badge that only 31 people have out of 11k members not any other form of elite. Its not an easy badge to get for most, many people took years to get it.

Now please use your own advice and stop commenting on my posts and comments.

Too aggressive!

1 Like

thanks, edited.

1 Like

Dictatorial now :slight_smile:

Stop! You can’t tell people not to reply!

apologies it was on a post the the day i was just repeating it. sorry if it offended anyone ive flagged it myself for deletion

Harry. Yet again your reply is inappropriate. I will spell it out for you.

You wrote that the lounge was for the elite.

I pointed out that, in my opinion, the reason that Survive France had improved as a forum is that it no longer has an elite suggesting that the notion that the members of the forum were the elite was wrong.

James replied that he, like me, did not see elitism on the forum.

You questioned James’ use of the word elite.

I pointed out that it was you that had introduced it.

You then ordered me to stop commenting on your posts.

As a member I have the right to comment on your posts Harry, especially when they need commenting on. I see that this post has taken too long and that things have changed.

sorry was using your own words nearly

He’s right @anon54681821 don’t you agree?

I’m pleased to see that SFR does not use the word elite to describe those who are qualified to enter the lounge. :slight_smile:

yes I do on many level.

I think we all can see how sometimes we use the wrong word, the lounge is for most a hard earned badge maybe is a better term.

The lounge is a closed category reserved for those who have shown commitment to the community and earned a level of trust from the software.

It’s got nothing to do with elitism.

If you want to know more read this

2 Likes