What type of person votes National front?

I’ll attempt to answer your questions but I’m speaking as a white English woman with Scottish roots…currently residing in Brittany…tattooed so view my self as multi coloured…who hasn’t voted for years…since the wmd fakery…a Jeremy Corbyn supporting pro Palestinian humanitarian horrified by what is happening in Gaza…(and Yemen) Having arrived here as U.K. voted for Brexit I watched the debates leading up to the French election…with no horse in the race…if I didn’t understand what was being said then I sought it out on YouTube with subtitles…Marine Le Pen was anti globalisation anti elite pro sovereignty…and at the time was seeking a referendum on ditching the euro and returning to the franc…(Frexit…???) she supported the 35 hour week…she came across as eloquent and passionate and in some debates I personally felt she beat the opposition…the backdrop was corruption in government…the eviction of thousands of refugees from the Calais jungle and Brexit…I don’t particularly feel that for people who voted for her that their choice was only about hostility to other races…this is not to endorse any party it’s just my impressions of the French election…

Edited to add…(hope that helps but please feel free to disregard if it really doesn’t…x :smiley: )

1 Like

Thanks for your view @helen6 maybe your insight helps Barbara draw some conclusions to the question in the thread title.

1 Like

My friends in Gaza celebrating Eid Al Adha at a street party by handing out sweets…:heart:

Hello Barbara,
Just by way of information, the original birth certificates would be of no use anyway, since the birth certificates (and the translations thereof) which you hand over must bear a date less than three months old. So as Ann has suggested, you would do best to request new copies directly from the General Register Office.

Thanks;
Yes but my brother does not know that, nor is he interested.
He is too selfish to care and that is why he voted without thinking.

So you are one of those who are personally responsible for UK retirees losing 13% of their total income.
Perhaps you think that affecting the livelihoods of your fellow citizens, many of whom came here because the price of housing meant that their money would go further here in France, is not important.
These people have already had their winter fuel payment taken away from them by Ian Duncan Smith and many of them live in the cheaper areas for housing, which are rural and have colder winters.
Thank you very much.

hmmm
“Not only about hostility to other races”.

That statement has completely confused me, what has Helen written that makes her responsible for devaluing the pound and affecting your euro income?

3 Likes

Hoarding has now been officially recognised as a mental illness. In the UK.

Please explain?
Maybe I am missing something Chris.

So by parting with people who are no longer part of your contentment in life makes be
mentally strong.

I have empty rooms, clutter is not needed. In France he could be mentally clean, however on revisit to family in UK he will be mentally ill? I struggle to grasp this, but he chose to leave, what a shame she then left him after three months.

Explain!
please!

She said she voted for Brexit, which affected the rate of exchange.
Perhaps you have not noticed this?

yes many people did…and they still do not understand what it means to UK, us and themselves.
I have been busier this year than ever…but, of course with a big drop in income.
So very hard to make life easier …is it not Jane?

I was asking Chris to explain Jane!

Did she? Where? She said that she hadn’t voted for a long time and that the U.K. voted for Brexit. I suggest that you re-read the post then remove your rant. An apology to Helen would also be nice.

5 Likes

Barbara, I think Helen’s free-flowing style of posting, with few punctuation marks (sometimes) and conversational gaps… to draw breath… like in a kitchen-table natter … may have led you to think… innocently but mistakenly… that she voted Brexit (but she didn’t)… I think?

I don’t think you rant. I like your sparky posts. :ok_hand::relaxed:

1 Like

oh confused!
I have no idea about Helen ….if she voted Brexit or not.
who rants me? Jane?
Quirky yes me possibly?

1 Like

My post was a reply to Jane. She mis-read Helen’s post and replied accusing her of being one of the people directly responsible for impoverishing British pensioners who have moved to France to take advantage of cheap property. Helen actually wrote that she hasn’t voted for years and that the U.K. voted for Brexit.

4 Likes