Whats for Dinner Tonight?

:joy::joy::joy: that was re Simon Ann :slightly_smiling_face:

Used to pick wild asparagus in Portugal, lovely with scrambled egg :yum:

1 Like

The Spargeleis doesnt really taste of much, sweet cream of asparagus soup frozen and churned if you can imagine it, it is a gimmick really.
I love both the green and the white asparagus and make a pig of myself every Easter(ish). I like it cold with vinaigrette but prefer it hot with hollandaise which is how we tend to eat it at home, my children love it and it is so easy to do.
I like a Pils but with meals we stick to delicious local light dry white wine like Grauburgunder or roter Gutedel which I love. Roter Gutedel is chasselas which is mainly a table grape in France but in the right hands in Germany makes an excellent white wine.

2 Likes

Well, it would have been spaghetti bolognaise but I only had conchiglie to hand, the sauce wasnā€™t terribly authentic either so, errrā€¦ conchiglie with a minced beef and tomato sauce.

It tasted pretty good so Iā€™m not too worried about etymologies.

2 Likes

Sounds gorgeous Veroā€¦! Many many moons ago we were in Darmstadt staying with a tattooist friendā€¦I was going through a strict vegetarian phase at the time and was really unsure of what to order when we went out to eatā€¦I had boiled egg and spinach one timeā€¦and another time on trying to order a vegetarian dish I ended up with a spaghetti bolognese which the waiter assured me only contained ā€œa little meatā€ā€¦lolā€¦wish Iā€™d have known the German for asparagus back thenā€¦x :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m afraid I have a guilty secret! I adore a McDo breakfast. They are very hard to find in France and always with a very limited choice. Our local McDo serves breakfast in the summer for the tourists and Iā€™ve had one each year these last 3 summers. When Iā€™m in the UK itā€™s one of the meals I insist on having :yum:

3 Likes

Double sausage and egg mcmuffin :relaxed::relaxed:, but the fried potato thing is disgusting. I have one a year.

3 Likes

McDo - my guilty pleasure - well one of them anywayā€¦ :blush:

1 Like

I love the hash browns. Also like to have a bacon & egg mcmuffin and a sausage & egg mcmuffin. Used to have this every Sunday morning when I lived in the UK. It meant I didnā€™t need to eat till the evening. The rest of the week it was cardboard cereal for breakfast!!!

1 Like

Ratatouille, Sausage and rice :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Weā€™re down in the south west so stopped off at the fishmonger in Collioure which was hugely exciting for us mountain dwellers, we were gawping and squeaking with pleasure. So superbly fresh fish tonight and anchovies with the apĆ©ro.

3 Likes

Love anchovies :yum: Chips with the fish? :+1:

1 Like

Steak from @Brent_Curtis baked spuds, salad and Aioli :slight_smile: :cow2::wine_glass:

2 Likes

Jacket spuds with salted butter and grated mature cheddarā€¦on a bed of rocketā€¦x :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a browse through the grasspunk website and noticed they do chicken carcass for raw fed dogsā€¦if I was closer I would be calling in weeklyā€¦x :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get the chicken carcasses for us, they have so much meat left on them!

1 Like

We overdid the aperitifs with a local farmer and his wife so too woozy to cook and will settle for six hardboiled eggs and a sliced tomato. I have bit of Lidl pĆ¢te en croĆ»te left over, which is quite delicious if otherwise naff, and I shall retire satisfait.

3 Likes

Dough proving for Calzone tonight :pizza:

5 Likes

'Twas, Endives Jambon, with a fresh Baguette :yum:
Oh, and Saint- Chinian :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We are having babouti for lunch today.
I keep it simple, no jam or almonds, just a wonderful curried beef with bread and fried onions in a custard and then baked in the oven.

2 Likes