Whats for Dinner Tonight?

I’ll save you some @Bill

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

1 Like

You are an absolute ‘Treasure’ :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Looks like a tin of cassoulet and some bread with salted butter for me. My wife is having left-over spag bol. She’s just left the garden having planted three rows of poireaux under the stern direction of our next-door neighbour. Clash of the Titans has nothing on their relationship, especially as she speaks no French and he no English. I keep my head down.

I love tinned cassoulet. My wife doesn’t partake of tinned food, except Heinz baked beans. I’ve cooked an apple crumble as dessert, which she enjoys with crème anglaise, when she can get it.

1 Like

Creme anglaise is not difficult to make, just be patient.
Also It not as sickly as the bought variety.

Roast chicken (Breton noire), salad and yesterday’s bread warmed through.

It was going to be with sautée potatoes but I have rather been hoist by my own petard on that one as the hob is currently covered up while I tile behind it - bought potatoes, totally forgetting the planned DIY activities (as an aside I hate DIY as I’m no bloomin good at it).

I’m not a big fan of cooking for one either.

Stick at the diy Paul, you’ll get the 'ang of it lad :+1:

The rest of yesterdays, ‘Birthday Barbie’, ‘Basse Cote’ and CHIPS ! :grin:

Homemade nems for us. Took 3 hours to prepare and cook them yesterday. Fiddly little buggers. The egg fried rice was the easy bit! :rice:

Maybe - I’d almost  like to do another kitchen, just to avoid the mistakes I made with this one but practical stuff is not, and I fear never will be, my forte.

When I look round here, there are things I would do differently now, but it usually like that, after you’ve lived with it for a while :thinking:

Anyway, barbied Dorado tonight :yum:

1 Like

yummy…I’m on my way… :relaxed:

You’re welcome ! A nice meal taste better if shared !

3 Likes

Forecast is a bit ‘iffy’, will give it another hour or so, and decide, a barby would be favourite, but will have to nip off to Super U for the veg if we go barby, ours aren’t big 'nuff yet :slightly_smiling_face:

They look lovely Babeth.

Are the bones easily to deal with? I hate lots of small bones in fish. Also, if you don’t have a barbecue what’s the best way to cook it? I’d love to cook more fish but I’m nervous about doing it.

The barby looks like a possibility, been and got the ingredients :crossed_fingers: , I will ask B’ to reply when She gets back from work Mandy, She is on hol then for the next 3wks!!! :+1: :joy:

1 Like

How lovely Bill. Will you be going away or just staying at home to enjoy the glorious weather?

Planning a few days at Audierne 29, been before, it was really good. We find it hard to leave Brittany, to many nice places here, to bother going far :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Back from my first day of holliday, spent at work :roll_eyes:, so what a pleasure to talk about food instead of figures :heart_eyes: .Daurade has got big bones, so quite easy to eat. You can do them in the oven, wraped in alluminium foil with chopped vegs like courgettes, onions and tomatoes, slices of lemon, herbs … 180° for 30 to 45 mn, depend on the size ! We call it poisson en papillote, works very well, the fish don’t get dry. You can do it with filet, but on a shorter time. You can also use another type of cooking paper, if you don’t like alluminium, but never used it myself.