Whats for Dinner Tonight?

Thanks for the glandular corrective Nellie :joy::point_down::fu::+1:

Apparently bull’s balls are called Rocky Mountain Oysters.

I think you might be wrong there, sweetbreads is calf thymus :blush:oh just saw Nellie said the same thing

2 Likes

We haven’t got the sweetbreads, but the first asparagus.

We’ve either got chips and egg or egg and chips, wife still can’t decide! Women.:grinning:

Tim’s fry.

We’re having something called Avocado Padana tonight which is a recipe given to Mum by an Italian chef. It’s a mixture of mashed avocado, prawns, tuna and cream all piled into the skins and then cheese on top and the whole thing put under a grill to melt the cheese. Delicious!!

No meat tonight!

2 Likes

I’m on my way… :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK. Will save you some. I reckon you could be here in about 10 hours :red_car::motorway::grin:

1 Like

Friday night, egg and chips, with ham​:grin::grin:

Lazy supper tonight… after a large lunch…

Tonight: assorted cheeses, alongside lambs lettuce, toms and pinenuts, with a hint of a tangy dressing … yum yum

Oh… and a delicious glass of wine… it’s been a difficult day and that has gone down a treat… “just the one”…

2 Likes

Ham, we can only dream of such luxury.

1 Like

Two slices each :blush:

Aperos - G & T or IPA with a selection of nibbles.

Joint of beef from Tesco’s, roast potatoes, roasted parsnips, carrots, mushy peas, Yorkshire puds, horseradish, mustard and mint sauce accompanied with gravy made from beef juices etc.

Strawberry pavlova or fresh strawberries and mini Easter eggs.

Two bottles of Bordeaux.

Sounds delicious Timothy… are you in UK or here in France… ???

Tonight we had: confit de canard, sage and onion stuffing, roast potatoes, green beans (with a dribble of a stella-special sauce)… and then drunken plums and icecream… :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

We’re in sunny 17 Stella, youngest two are home so we thought we’d make an effort, back to lard butties tomorrow.

1 Like

Been out for long lunch with friends, so a modest feast of the last of the season’s mont d’or (very runny) and a nice bottle of red. Later we might have a slice of the pinapple upside down cake left over from the egg hunt (special offer on pinapple in local supermarket so we had a bounty of pinapple cakes!)

1 Like

Roast lamb and all the trimmings tonight. No pudding but we had simnel cake after lunch which was quite filling. A bottle of local Bergerac to wash the lamb down and there’s some lamb and wine left for tomorrow.

1 Like

Hospital butter pie Lovely going down but it lies very heavily

What is in that, besides butter?