When is heat hot... and what can you do about it

I hope it’s a few kilometres away but drops a load of rain on us and freshens the air. It’s not here yet. Getting darker though. Might have to go outside and do a rain dance if it doesn’t come soon :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::dancer:

Love warm weather but a temperature of 40+ is too hot/not safe to work in so we’re pleased that things have cooled down a bit.

Did anyone benefit from the rain…?? (just a drizzle here so far, nothing last night)

Despite a very menacing sky and winds picking up last night we didn’t see a single drop ! Maybe I should do something really drastic like clean the windows ! :wink:

I really need our daughter to visit us… she is famous as “the bringer of rain”… always could rely on her in the UK during a dry spell…

When we all went to Egypt to celebrate OH’s 60th (and the fact that he was still alive :hugs:)… she brought the rain to places where rain had not been seen for years… there were children who had never seen rain … it was a wonderful experience… :sunglasses::heart_eyes::sweat_smile::relaxed:

1 Like

We had thunder, lightning and black clouds but just a little drizzle of rain. It evaporated as soon as it hit the ground. Next few days more is promised.

Much cooler here, SE 56, showers forecast for a couple of days.

perhaps it would be best if we lobbied our politicians to stop ionising the lower atmosphere by ceasing their chemical spraying. This would allow the heat built up by day to dissapate through the night giving us what we all remember a long time ago - cooling at night and a blue sky we can actually see by day.

• or we could just bury our heads and pretent this is a fluke of nature.

Trump says “No such thing as Global Warming”, you don’t believe ‘it’ Geoff? :slightly_smiling_face:

I certainly do believe it Bill - but not that it is being caused by you & I driving our cars which it what we are being told (and taxed) for.
Sure, that certainly is an element in all of this - but trivial in comparison with the effects being caused by this blanket of conductive heavy metals which is being installed just over our heads.
regards
geoff

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Has someone been reading this forum? We were talking about this only a few days ago.

2 Likes

Who is installing what Geoff?

Come on Bill, you’ve got to keep up to date with the conspiracy theorists, even if their scaremongering is years old and proven to be rubbish.

1 Like

I don’t believe in conspiracies… it’s all a Russian plot… :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face: :wink:

3 Likes

Blimey Geoff, I’m aghast :open_mouth:

I don’t bother keeping abreast of rubbish Dave, too much serious or, at least amusing stuff to cope with :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

hello Bill
I actually thought you wanted an answer to the question but perhaps not:
regards
geoff

Bit way out for me Geoff, what would be the point anyway? :slightly_smiling_face:

I wonder if my last client who stayed here will pick up the phone and call is chum Trump
and tell him how hot it was in the vineyards and how difficult it was to walk around in 38 degrees.
Will he tell him to change his mind about global warming or will he simply dismiss the experience.

See things are very, abnormally warm in Aussie winter too!

Glorious day today here in the Tarn. Beautiful blue sky and sunshine and 26°C. Just my kind of weather.