Where are you getting your fix since Brexit

We might almost think you don’t like him…

4 Likes

If you were a young teenager I would assume you though he was cute!

I buy the plain, unsweeted probiotic type yogurts for the man shape, who inevitably forgets them or ‘can’t see them’ (OMG there may be a jar in front of them :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: ). He’s been know to eat them 6 months out of date and they are perfect. I’m more careful giving the youngest anything I’m not sure about.

I think if I ever thought he was cute that would deffo warrant euthanasia as I would obv have lost my mind.

1 Like

Yes, completely agree! I was going to report the weather on the weather post - his face staring out put me right off - euchhh.

Now thinking about it, it’s perhaps almost laughable appearing above the post-brexit thread.

I’m afraid though there is no post brexit, it’ll just keep going, bubbling up in many different guises. Last night I saw the ERG is now the CRG - not content with bankrupting people they now want to kill 'em. Steve Baker - “what this country needs is the complete success of Boris Johnson… Boris is the only person to lead us out of these difficulties”. Yup, only Boris can get to the next 100K.

2 Likes

This Brexit nonsense is getting serious, forget healthcare, forget importing cars, forget carte de séjour - I HAVE RUN OUT OF BROWN SAUCE!!!

5 Likes

Now that is serious ! :scream: :scream:

It does not help that The British Corner Shop have suspended deliveries to the EU because of courier problems.

It is possible to buy at Leclerc but 5 euros for a small bottle!

Is there a local equivalent?

Has anyone tried to make it?

I saw some in our local SuperU yesterday but have no idea of the price. It was a reasonable size bottle though…

Can’t have baked beans without brown sauce so,

https://www.amazon.fr/HP-colorants-conservateurs-artificiels-ajoutés/dp/B07SG6PP9R/ref=pd_sbs_1?pd_rd_w=N7RWi&pf_rd_p=e5ee7ae9-b69f-4a67-b560-2a3418704c96&pf_rd_r=PK1HNBPMJ86J6YTN8XXA&pd_rd_r=b27fe644-311e-4759-a15f-0aa5da696915&pd_rd_wg=ARBJK&pd_rd_i=B07SG6PP9R&psc=1

Good grief @ChrisK ! That’s pricey. I can’t believe the price at U is anything like that as the rest of the Brit stuff is very reasonably priced.

Do you have a U anywhere near you @Mat_Davies ?

Big bottles though, and it’s a crisis after all!..

I sympathise with you, but HP sauce is no longer British, it’s European made in Holland. I’ll have a look round on the net to see if I can find some. Good God, what will the sausages think if they have no HP sauce?

2 Likes

That’s interesting, Warren. Makes me wonder about supplies to the UK as some other products from Holland aren’t being shipped there are they?

I’ve found a few site but for the most HP sauce is unavailable at the mo.

https://www.amazon.fr/HP-Sauce-Original-Brown-450g/dp/B00BHFCZVO

1 Like

I don’t know Angela,
But if the UK population isn’t getting their Houses of Parliament sauce I think the population should protest before the Houses of Parliament

That would be…er…“interesting” :smiley:

I understand that this is now made in The Netherlands, so is it all exported to UK and then out again to wherever it is wanted?

Apparently HP sauce is the favorite brand (of anything, not just food) of Brexiteers. Sure you still want to find some?

In order:
HP Sauce Bisto ITV News The Health Lottery Birds Eye Iceland Sky News Cathedral City, PG Tips, Richmond sausages

Read more: HP Sauce is favourite brand for leave voters (it's actually European) | Metro News

Alternatively make your own, bit read comments so you tweak recipe to get the right flavour.