Where are you getting your fix since Brexit

I totally agree , Yogesh, Carrefour own brand Dijon Forte is excellent. Stronger and tastier than Colman’s, although I’m bound to be shot down in flames for saying that on here :crazy_face:

2 Likes

No flames from me - I agree entirely!

2 Likes

Sausages are notoriously thin-skinned, so it’s to be expected that they will explode, or weep at the smallest prick in their delicate membranes. It pays to recall, however, the words of the uplifting chorus, “Alles hat ein Ende, nur die Wurst hat zwei”… :hugs:

And to be honest, “Das ist mir Wurst” (I couldn’t give a *#@%)

But sorry about the sauce dearth. :cry:

4 Likes

German sausages are the wurst

4 Likes

Groan! :smiley:

They can be brats too
Got memories of the currywurst in Berlin, I had tears down my face and had to drink copious amounts of lager,and mine were the mild version

4 Likes

Thought this was a misplaced post from one of the Doris threads :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Anybody found, got, tasted, ordered or had tasting reports of the new chilli Marmite…is it worth quarantining for 10 days in Boris land to get the experience i wonder !!

I am thinking of you lot rather too often for it to be healthy! When I was in U yesterday, I checked the Brit shelves and they had big bottles of HP Sauce (at just over 5 euros but if you are desperate…).
They also had Bisto - lots of it - but I didn’t think to check the price. Just thought I’d mention it as I’m sure someone was after Bisto :smiley:

Arrived today posted on 02/03 with no probs …what a wonderful daughter I have!
Will post a taste test after brekkie tomorrow !

1 Like

Or possibly a little later if the stories I’ve heard about it are true :face_with_thermometer:

…so its definitely got a bite to it but nor jaw dropping, so doesn’t destroy the underlying core marmite flavour, in fact it brings a slight sweetness to Marmite. Worth buying if you can get someone to bring one from UK at about £4.50 like the extra vintage XO …expensive by royal mail.
Still have enough food of the gods to last untill the late summer to avoid paying €5 for a small jar here :slight_smile:

Reading this thread I found I just had to make some marmite toast fingers!

they were very nice. I mentioned it to my son who said “have you tried the Chilli”…

He likes it. I will put it on the shopping list. (I am temporarily in blighty)

maybe you could become a (chilli ) Marmite importer as (but when?) you return.?..put me on you list!!

Getting back just as soon as the second vax is in!

Quite a while back I posted about the difficulty of finding Halloumi anywhere in Normandie and people made helpful suggestions, one in particular being the occasional Greek events in Lidl and another being Grand Frais. Since then there have been Greek focussed weeks in our Lidl butno Halloumi (perhaps it’s too small?) and yesterday was the first time I had been anywhere that had a Grand Frais (Cherbourg). They had every variey of Feta going but no Halloumi and the lady behind the counter hadn’t heardof it. Perhaps again it’s too small a shop?
Has some kind soul got any alternative suggestions? It’s getting to the season when we normally have Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s recipe for fried halloumi frequently as there’s nothing quite like it!

It was in our Lidl a few last autumn…bought 6 (long dated) but not seen it since, we have an excellent newish Grand Frais in Lannion (22) and on asking they had never heard of it either…surprising as they have cheese from around the world.

1 Like

If you google ‘achat halloumi en ligne’ you get all sorts of suggestions and people who will send it to you.
I am surprised at GF and Lidl not having it but I suppose they are franchises so all a bit different.

2 Likes

It’s very frustrating that it doesn’t reappear in Lidl just when my UK stocks ran out(bought last summer - thank goodness for long dates!). If you do happen to see it, John could you message me please? I’d hate to miss it by taking my eye off the ball :roll_eyes:

2 Likes