Why does the Royal family need so much money?

locals. Idiotic British people who ‘lurve’ the queen. I’d be happy to keep the royals if it was voluntary by subscription. See how popular they are then.

smwsplr stella wood Team
January 1 |

So who are those folk, who line the roads, who gather in crowds, who fill the hotels… whenever there is a Royal happening…??

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Pam Thompson
January 1 |

their presence doesn’t attract tourism. That’s just a propaganda lie.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

actually @Pam_Thompson … I rather think it is by subscription… we (the country) accept their money… :slight_smile:

Interest in the UK royals is worldwide, whether that is warranted or not is a matter of personal opinion but it is a fact and not propaganda spread by the media.

2 Likes

Nobody mentioned interest. People are interested like they are interested in soap stars and pop singers. The comment was about attracting tourism. They don’t. It’s been proven that they don’t, and the money they costs us, is nto recouped through tourists who come to the UK for the history, or shopping or a myriad reasons. Nobody comes here to meet the royals.
I think those who want and profess to love the royals, should be prepared to pay for their upkeep and republlicans like myself shouldn’t have to. The Tories have got a grand scheme to bring out lottery tickets to raise money because billionaire Queenie wants a new yacht. I think that’s a brilliant idea. It might be a tad embarrassing though if they only sell enough tickets to buy a rowing boats because people aren’t prepared to dip in and put their money where their mouth is. I think a special ‘Pay for Queenie’ lottery ticket would be the fairest way of doing things, after all, I love my dogs but I don’t expect everyone else to buy their dog food, especially if they didn’t like dogs.

tim17 Timothy Cole
January 1 |

Interest in the UK royals is worldwide, whether that is warranted or not is a matter of personal opinion but it is a fact and not propaganda spread by the media.

In Reply To

Pam Thompson
January 1 |

their presence doesn’t attract tourism. That’s just a propaganda lie.

1 Like

Well said, Pam. Can’t believe in this century we have people still deferential to this biology lottery. Can’t wait to see their argument against it when they have a total loon on the throne.

Arguement re tourism does not work, look at tourists coming to France and looking at their history. As far as I can tell, they have no royal family hanging around but the tourists still come. Weird isn’t it? :slight_smile: I also believe France attracts more tourists than the UK, even though they don’t have a ‘liz’…

Arguements saying having a true democratic system but we might get ‘Tony Blair’ is lazy arguement and if thats the case, so what? It’s a ceremonial postion. It’s also called democracy…

I noticed the biggest support for Liz, comes from Britexiteers, who ‘bleat’ all the time about the democratic’ referendum we had, to leave the EU but don’t ‘trust’ the voters to elect a ceremonial head of state… To me, that says it all… :slight_smile:

Martin

But the UK is not a democratic country. It’s a Plutocracy which tells the serfs it’s a democracy and the fools believe it.

Martin Cooper
January 1 |

Well said, Pam. Can’t believe in this century we have people still deferential to this biology lottery. Can’t wait to see their argument against it when they have a total loon on the throne.

Arguement re tourism does not work, look at tourists coming to France and looking at their history.

Arguements saying having a true democratic system but we might get ‘Tony Blair’ is lazy arguement and if thats the case, so what? It’s a ceremonial postion. It’s also called democracy…

I noticed the biggest support for Liz, comes from Britexiteers, who ‘bleat’ all the time about the democratic’ referendum we had, to leave the EU but don’t ‘trust’ the voters to elect a ceremonial head of state… To me, that says it all…

Martin

In Reply To

Pam Thompson
January 1 |

locals. Idiotic British people who ‘lurve’ the queen. I’d be happy to keep the royals if it was voluntary by subscription. See how popular they are then. smwsplr stella wood Team January 1 | So who are those folk, who line the roads, who gather in crowds, who fill the hotels… whenever there …

If your thought processes are as confusing as your posts no wonder what you spout is impossible to comprehend.

1 Like

Well why do people come to France for their holiday?
i can answer that.
Why do people go to UK for their holiday?
It is a romantic notion that people venture to UK to
meet up with the ghost of William Shakespear or
the men dressed in red uniforms and odd head attire
at Buckingham Palace. Possibly they could be interested
in walking around near my old abode in west 14 in the hope
of bumping into Brian May or Simon Cowell.
Or would it be possible that the queen may “pop out” just
to buy something for lunch at Fortnum s just near by and they
could catch a glimpse of her in an every day situation.
The market in Piccadilly frivolity/ souvenir would collapse if there
was no queen.
If the Royal family gave another 10% of their earnings to the those
who are truly desperate what would that figure amount to and look
at how many lives could be saved.
By all means include every one else who has the same financial
fortune.
These financially privileged people would still be wealthy and there
would be less misery in the UK.

A total loon who has no power whatsoever unlike ‘The Donald’, but as you’ve said before that’s okay because he was elected. The Queen and the current crop of young royals are popular with a majority of people so sorry Martin but you and Pam will just have to ‘suck it up’, until the revolution of course.:wink:

1 Like

Oh Barbara, you make life sound so simple - ‘if the rich gave their money away there would be less misery in the UK’. Just like that (as TC would say) poverty ended at a stroke, you sound just like millionaire comrade Corbyn, perhaps you could ask him to set the ball rolling.

Entertainment…media lead.

Oh Timmy if I knew him then perhaps I would ask.
It is not what you know but who you know.
That is simple is it not…but so true.
My life has been far from simple…

Cheers Tim for the advice :slight_smile:

I’m glad you proved my above points re ‘we don’t trust the voters’ re Trump. I forgot the arguments against democracy was either Blair or Trump (don’t forget you could also use Farage as well? :))

As ‘Liz’ is supposed to be a ceremonial head of state, a UK version of ‘Trump’ will be slightly less effective, as he busy cutting a ribbon or opens the garden fete, as ‘Liz’ does… Unless you suggest ‘liz’ has more powers than that and you are worried?

Cheers

Martin

Happy New year to all SF member.
Concerning the eternel question how much does the Royal family earn and what do they do to help the poor you have the answer above from Paul Flinders " The Queen has done more for charity than any other monarch in history" Very interesting thanks Paul Flinders.

1 Like

@tim17 … gosh, I had no idea the sum was that low… but thankfully, I am still below it… :wink: :wink:

Why thankfully, it would still put you well under the ISF bareme?

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it Martin UNLESS the public want change of course which they don’t.

Who is Paul Flinders?
More please…as Oliver said.

Paul Flinders is a member of Survive France forum Barbara, I found his messages interesting.

If you scroll through the messages about this post then you will find what Paul Flinders posted!
I have ‘re posted’ his link here, and once again thank him for posting it !

" The Queen has done more for charity than any other monarch in history"