Why we use photos on Survive France

Tend to use it to share photos with people I know so I’m pretty likely to be in those photos.

It’s the way all of these services get their fingers into you of course - offer enough useful stuff that you’ll take the privacy invasion and being used as product/advertiser fodder along with it with a grin (well, a grimace in my case).

1 Like

Is that a bad thing then? I kind of want to say ‘so what?’, do you really care and if so why?

Yes it can certainly be a bad thing (not always but definitely has potential). Yes I do care.

Why would take an essay.

I appreciate the clarification from Cat and will endeavour to find a suitable photo to replace my current image but this will take some time as I rarely have my picture taken.

3 Likes

Come on Paul put your face on here, you are in my opinion a very valued member and your posts always add value to SF.

3 Likes

??? Smartphone, laptop with cam…

1 Like

Thank you!

Even when I was on fb my profile pictures were always of my Collies…never of me…x :slight_smile:

I’d prefer a distance shot too…I’ve never got the hang of “selfies”…I’ve always got over a thousand photos on my phone…of my dogs of the sky of the landscape of the wildlife of my kids and grandkids when they’re here…just none of me…my son last time he was over showed me how to get my photos off my phone and onto a memory stick but I have no idea how to get a photo off my memory stick and back onto my phone…???

I’ve met Paul and his son and they’re very real and very lovely…I’ve uploaded a photo of me just for now…x :smiley:

5 Likes

Thank you! Xx

1 Like

Passport photo from last year, no smiling allowed

3 Likes

It’s interesting to note the recent posts asking for photos so maybe someone could explain why vic evans, a staunch advocate of photos, was banned for doing just this.

Before my time, hopefully someone has the information !

Vic is alive and well and often frequents another forum.

Vic had his membership revoked for entirely different reasons.

1 Like

You should see my latest official one (taken for my CDS) - I look bonkers…

Well before my time… no idea why this 2015 is being resurrected in 2019…

2 Likes

Hi Simon - As a fellow golfer l know what you mean - l often keep my cap and sunglasses on whether playing golf or not but my wife gave me a very hard time when l started wearing them in the garden a few years back.wink:
IMG_8069-01

1 Like

There’s actually one other good reason which I don’t think has been stressed enough. People with pictures of themselves get a much higher response rate to their posts.

(And obviously (generally!!!) those responses are also much nicer)

Right back to translating - it’s a plywood catalogue today.

Please send virtual chocolate biscuits…

Living the life!

#glamourouslifestyle

2 Likes