Wild life in the garden, or around!

I’ve never seen one here, but you make me think about another topic … :thinking:

We have them every year… at first I would race around the village telling my neighbours what I had found… then I became more laid-back…now I am beginning to panic… :wink:

1 Like

3 Likes

such a pretty butterfly… looks like it is feeding on Hemp Agrimony… I have that plant in my garden too… loved by all the insects…

1 Like

Another Kestrel, doing “le vol du Saint Esprit”

4 Likes

Sometimes we wonder how oaks are planted. Here is the answer !

6 Likes

I thought this was a honey bee…(not seen many last year or this year) but on closer examination I think it may be a hover fly…important pollinators but I do miss the honey bees…

6 Likes

Interesting insect Helen. Its wings looks so translucent ! Beautifull. Never seen one like that before

2 Likes

No ideas either, but a beautifully ‘sharp’ picture Helen :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I love magpies babeth…I love all the crow and raven family…highly intelligent but subject to much “bad press”…from a shaman/ totem animal point of view they are harbingers of great change…transformation…a messenger between realms…one of my daughters has magpies and the tree of life tattooed on her back…she went through a stage of ringing me every time she saw a lone magpie thinking it represented. sorrow…I would look out of my window and send her a photo of one who was always there…two for joy…”every time you see one…know that she is never alone in her sorrow…”

2 Likes

Mmm… looking closely, my knowledge of insects is very basic… can’t decide which this is…

However, I note the “dark shoulders” and “dark mohican” which might help identify this… :relaxed: whatever it is, it is doing important work… :grin:

1 Like

Wow! Super shot!

1 Like

So many stunning photos on this thread. Really, very impressed.

5 Likes

Hello Nancy and welcome to the Forum… glad you are enjoying the threads…:relaxed:

1 Like

They have trained crows in this parc to pick up the fag ends. They get a croquette each time they put a fag end in a boxe ! Clever birds :heart:

3 Likes

Ravens and royalty…seems they can only manage to keep them there by clipping one of their wings…!

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryMagazine/DestinationsUK/Tower-Ravens/

2 Likes

You are so COOL! Bravo.

Amazes me in a Park near us, ‘Branfere’ in 56, there are lots of birds, who choose to stay there, even though they could leave, I think they reckon, life is to good in the park, we like the place, so much, we have a ticket for the year, instead of 20€ a visit, 40€ for unlimited access, which means we can pop in for half an hour when in the area, not a bad deal, lovely place. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hitchhiker in my wellie…! x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whaou, it looks big !

1 Like