Wild life in the garden, or around!

It was…! It was HUGE…! x :smile:

1 Like

Good they were not thousands ! Could done a bit of damage in your garden. Lovely creature (when they’re alone !)

1 Like

I too initialy thought this was a bee but was assured by the ‘experts’ that it is indeed a Hover Fly.

4 Likes

I’m going to call him Tiny, because he’s my newt (ba-dum!)

9 Likes

Have resident frog & toad in the cellars & found this mantis whilst pulling rhubarb.

IMG_0508 IMG_0407

7 Likes

10 Likes

Waouh ! Beautifull Chris !

1 Like

Taken through glass whilst I was watching the sparrows in my front garden…x :slight_smile:

And making good use of my clothes pegs…x :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We have a say in French, araignée du soir, espoir ! Humm 3 of them, a lot of hope there !

1 Like

If somebody can tell me how to take a better picture at night, he is welcome, because I’m trying all the set up of my camera, but can’t get a good picture :sleepy:

1 Like

Looks like the Little Owl ??? We have one living at the back of the church, just across from us…

Oh it is a Little Owl Stella, but the light prevents B’ having a decent shot of it, in these light conditions, frustrating for Her!

My camera has more or less given up the ghost, so I understand her frustration. I am working on OH… he hardly ever used his camera… :thinking:

3 Likes

The first stick insect we have ever seen here.

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

I think Kingfishers are beautiful birds… of course I’ve seen them in my bird books, but I have only ever seen one in the wild. I caught a flash of colour when we were passing near a local river/stream… so asked OH to turn the car around for another look. We drove slowly back and found this lovely bird quite happily darting about and skimming over the water… We sat quietly and watched it for a few minutes… magic. :relaxed::relaxed:

On subsequent drives, we saw it again… but only for that one Summer… perhaps it didn’t like being the centre of attention… :wink::wink:

3 Likes

Not uncommon round here Stella, but not so many photo opportunities like this afternoon. :hugs: