Your photos - the view from your house

what a glorious rose… is it Yolande ??? and does it have a glorious scent ??

1 Like

No, sadly hasn’t got a lot of scent. The variety is Pierre de Ronsard :heart_eyes:
(Babeth)

This is the view from the back of the house, when we have dinner on the terrace

6 Likes

Aha… and that is where you set up supper for the rabbits, I suppose… :wink:

1 Like

Here is P de R chez moi!

20180502_131518and a Banksia. Uploading… and Mme Isaac Pereire and a double clematis called Dancing Dorien
I love roses

7 Likes

Zaktly :rofl:

Grr Mme Isaac Pereire and Dancing Dorien didn’t upload. Here they are.

4 Likes

This is the other climber on the front of the house. Can’t remember the variety, but a powerfull scent

4 Likes

Beautiful blooms Vero :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here are some shots of the happy roses after the rain !

9 Likes

Surrounded by woods and farmland and our pond … presently alive with ducks and frogs and all sorts of wildlife who are safe to come and drink there. I wouldn’t wish to be anywhere else …

10 Likes

Some views from our former house in Mouzon 08210

8 Likes

Do ur flowers smell divine??? I havent found one rose with a pretty smell up here in the north! Screenshot_2018-02-10-11-22-34|425x499

Would I be allowed to take roses from the UK to France on the ferry do you think?
I love David Austin roses.
Also I want a bramley Apple tree so I can make proper Apple pie.

When I was visiting my Aunt in the north of France a couple of weeks ago she was telling me about the David Austin rose centre that has opened near her.

I have a magnificent rose that I bought in my local supermarket for 19 Francs back in 1996. Real value for money. A old rose that came with my house has the most delightful perfume.

2 Likes

Wow. Thank you. I feel a visit will be in order next spring.

Just one of those coincidences. If you have any Merlin fans in your family it’s really close to Pierrefonds.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness. I love Merlin.
That’s it I’m going.

Another coincidence, five minutes before going online I took a photo of the mist rising in the field beside my garden.

6 Likes