Your photos - the view from your house

my view

5 Likes

Sunrise this morning, view of bulls in the field in front of my house and two beautiful trees in my back garden :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This past summer was particularly beautiful.

7 Likes

View looking west:

OK, this was taken in March 2018, but you get the idea :wink:

6 Likes

I get the idea alright… brrrrr

Wow, you still have leaves on the trees !

The view north:

3 Likes

The view south:

1 Like

Are you in southern Aude Alex? I could be wrong but we were familiar with similar vistas when we lived in the Minervois although just that bit further away. My guess would be somewhere near Limoux?

My guess would be the Sancy massif

1 Like

There are still a few clinging on Alex ! :grin:

Beautiful, whereabouts are you Alex ?

@anon89172871 @Mark @letstryagain

Massif Central, that mountain view is one of the Puy de Sancy and the Puy de la Perdrix, the foreward-most slopes representing the ski resort of Super-Besse - so, sorry, @letstryagain not in the Aude, actually about 4 hours drive north !

1 Like

What a lovely area to live in… we have done a couple of trips over the years and keep meaning to go back…

So much to do, so little time…

http://www.acsancyvolcancetres.fr/mapage/index.html

I should probably add that the photo was taken with a zoom lens as the mountains are approximately 50 km from the house as the crow flies, but we have one of those weird “Föhn” effects around here where the mountains can sometimes seem to be almost on your doorstep.

@Stella : there was an old-timer sports car sortie last Sunday, that my wife spotted driving up the bendy climb behind the house, probably about 30 cars in all. Unfortunately, I was busy lumberjacking elsewhere in the garden and missed them.

There are so many car clubs and it is a lovely part to v isit.

We stopped going (although we still receive an invitation each year)… because our last trip involved more than 350 cars and was (frankly) too big …

We keep meaning to go back, one day, just us and perhaps a couple of friends… . perhaps a max of 5 cars. We know a nice little hotel… and we know we shall have a fun time touring…

I was way off mark then but there are similar type views over the Pyrenees and the architecture looked familiar. Well done Mark Robbins.

I can see it from our village on the Millevache :sunglasses: - on a very clear day, about 70km away

1 Like

I seriously thought we would see thousands of cows… on our first visit there :grin::thinking::open_mouth: