A little mid-week humour to lighten the mood

1 Like

Getting old is like frying bacon with no clothes on - you know it’s going to hurt, but you just don’t know where. :stuck_out_tongue:

As I get older I find just 3 shops are essential: Specsavers, Boots and Greggs.
Live is just specs, drugs and sausage roll.

And finally…

If Bjorn and Benny had been called Steve and Dave then a certain well known band would have been named ASDA.

4 Likes

Groan. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

How did Tommy Cooper die?
Jus’ like that!

2 Likes

Sending that one for carbon dating :joy:

1 Like

I bought a dog that’s trained to bring me wine - it’s a Bordeaux collie.

I’ve just been eliminated from Master Chef; apparently I kept making the same seasoning mistake, thyme and thyme again.

1 Like

… and there was me thinking I made it up myself!

1 Like

5 Likes

I understand the Australian equivalent is, ‘a map of Tazzy.’

If you look at a map of Tasmania, all becomes apparent…

A post was merged into an existing topic: What a total arse

I would refer to the original request not to post political jokes or commentary in the thread. There’s enough of that throughout the rest of SF to last several lifetimes.

Thanks

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can confirm this is true although these days my understanding is anyone younger than me in Oz goes for the Great Sandy Desert look :rofl:

1 Like

Following a bit of co-operation between James and I, the post in question has been moved to the What a total arse thread.

1 Like

There was a slew early on, but that seemed to stop after I requested it. But thanks BB.

I think, I remember when Private Eye used to have cryptic crosswords -late 1960s? But then again, maybe it still does… Anyhow, the only clue I remember from that time is, ‘Pubic hair in darkest Australia (4).’

To cryptic for me :rofl:

Bush? Not very cryptic so I expect I’m wrong.

I remember a sweet clue from the Times ‘two girls, one on each knee’ , 7 letters.

2 Likes