EV - buy or wait?

Is there any obligation to have a wall charger professionally installed and certified?

Badger wrote before about special cert being required but dont know if you can DIY on your own one.

Since 2017 any charging outlet that can deliver more than 3,7kW must be installed by a certified installer.

2 Likes

Now now don’t be racist :australia: :rofl:

1 Like

Luv em

They’ve been available in Belgium for a while, though at a higher price. I didn’t realise the €349 price was only for one day? The charging rate is pretty anemic if you run it on single phase, 4kV max.

We had a little chat about them here a couple of weeks ago. Borne de recharge

The tax relief only applies to the box itself and to claim it you need it installed by a certified electrician.

Wot, like Antipodean?

2 Likes

The first time I came across the word was in a novel when I was about 10. ‘Mum what does anti - po - dee - ann mean?’. She had to read it to work out what I was on about, cue trying unsuccessfully not to laugh!

1 Like

When I first came across the word I thought it was some kind of mashup (I’d just started Greek and Latin, by the way) meaning people who were against feet…

5 Likes

Pretty much as expected brakes rusting and suspension wearing a bit more, all can be engineered out. Remember when I posted the possibility of drum brakes returning as the dont suffer as much as disks.
Then we have the Tesla… Good job there is a waranty.:joy:

Kind of relevant to this topic…

1 Like

Aren’t EV’s just as guilty of this as well, size and weight are huge with these as well, world wide emissions will probably rise as certain countries build more coal powered power stations to power them, China, Russia and the US spring to mind.

1 Like

Yes, but without the increase in emissions.

…but they aren’t.

Sadly China does

China, Bangladesh, India that I know off are all building new ones.
The coal power capacity starting construction in China was six times as large as that in all of the rest of the world combined, 2 new ones a week and that’s before we get on to new gas and oil powered stations.
Plans for new oil and gas power plants have grown by 13% in 2023 with 783 gigawatts of new oil and gas-power plant capacity under development, by 2024 America will bring 33 new gas power stations since 2022.

1 Like

I wonder how much is due to the expected electric increase needed for EV’S, the world is till heading in the totally wrong direction and Copout28 will change nothing :face_with_raised_eyebrow::confused:

1 Like

Well it’s gota come from somewhere and solar, ground source and geothermal aren’t up to it at the moment also all the heat pumps being installed… but maybe I’ve missed something🤔

But it doesn’t makes it all right as some folks think, like all the mining that is going to destroy countries forests and land, it’s always two wrongs make a right and as usual as long as it’s not on my doorstep or country.
Once they have caught up in however long if ever in the next 30/40/50 year’s and it will all be worthwhile in the end.
The world really is a shithole state and only going to get worse, as I have said before it needed to be done now and it isn’t, the clock isn’t still ticking it’s past twelve o’clock as far as I am concerned.
There was a brilliant series Life After People, I sometimes think that that the best thing that could happen to the earth and nature is if humans could just disappear in an instant.

1 Like