What haven't you done, ever?

Even more amazing then that RL is the biggest sport down under…

As for the rest, if you’ve ever played RL you will know you are spouting utter codswollop !

1 Like

The Revie side was amazing, good footballing side with a lot of ‘hardness’. I recall seeing them turn out wearing kind of ‘epaulettes’ in the football stockings, very classy indeed. So many really great players bu my favourite was Terry Cooper who apparently started life as a winger and adapted to fullback, probably the mot complete side ever, up there with the Spurs double-winning side.

I admit I’ve never played rugby league but I’ve watched it a few times and also admit that I never understood the fine points.

Until I discovered that there are no fine points…
:joy::joy:

No Hooray Henrys either.

1 Like

An RL Hero of mine Peter, was Bill Holliday, an England International, a coal miner, son of our next door neighbours, the kindest fella to us kids, and a real role model, mind you, in mining communities, there were plenty of ‘worthy’ role models, good kind people, men and women :rose: :heart:

I feel for you Tim. From the glory days to years of disappointment. I know how you feel as a Spurs fan, especially after yesterday’s result. Another fruitless year for us.

One of the things I miss about the UK is no longer being able to go to White Hart Lane.

The players like Billy, played for a few ‘bob’, but mainly to play the game!

You’ll forget about when Harry scores a hatrick in the World Cup Final😀

Not sure about that. He needed to score a hat trick yesterday really. World Cup’s just around the corner. Hoping for a good run this time. Come on England :soccer::lion::lion::lion:

Same old story for Spurs i’m afraid Mandy. I like Mopo but he was outcoached again against Man U, José saw him off.
The new ground and stadium looks fantastic and I think it will be as atmospheric as WHL.
Unfortunately Mopo will be off sooner or later and Deli, Harry and others will follow. Toby will leave in the summer apparently.

Here’s a golden oldie for Spurs fans and Tim as two great scottish footballers have a slight disagreement…

1 Like

I have never managed to stand up when trying to water ski. :ski:

1 Like

Bill was a top player, a skilful prop forward which is a bit of a contradiction !

To many, RL was an escape from the pits, today it’s a lurative job for the top flight players.

1 Like

We are veering off-topic here! Maybe a new post is needed for the ball talk? :wink: :football::volleyball::basketball::baseball::8ball::balloon::rugby_football:

I’ve never been on a cruise ship

2 Likes

Sorry James, my fault.

This is probably incredible to all of you but…

i’ve never danced.

2 Likes

I can’t believe that!

Here’s a place to take your balls :slight_smile:

I’m going to create a new category for sports too, I’m surprised we don’t have one already

The Beatles for me, are the greatest Pop group ever and I listen to their music very regularly but after all these years I have purposely NOT listened to The Double White Album. I’m saving this treat for a big occasion but which occasion should I wait for and how long should I put it off ? Everyone tells me the album is brilliant so how long should I deprive myself ?

1 Like

Probably shouldn’t put it off any longer, it’s a great album.

I’ve never listened to a Michael Jackson album. (and I never will).

You could always request it for your funeral Peter:wink: I saw them live in about 64, in Carlisle, 'twas a good show, lovely life size bronze of Lennon in La Coruna, Gallicia, it was a surprise coming across that, entitled simply, “Imagine” :heart:

Well, I have my 64th birthday coming up in a few weeks so maybe that would be an opportune moment to listen to it ?

I’m not a big fan of Michael Jackson but I do think he was one of the great ‘showmen’ of his time.

1 Like